Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I'm a newbie.. tell me if this is good weed or bad weed!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by carbonb, Dec 10, 2010.

1. #1 carbonb, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2010
    Hey first post! i'm a noobie at this

I came across this weed..
    [​IMG]

the picture is misleading because my phone sucks
    but
    the weed is
    - really really dark green
    - has pretty long orangish hair, clustered
    - alot of crystals inside
    - its not really "nuggety". I dont see a stem anywhere, but theyre all stuck together
    - Theres one black leaf, or its super super dark green

the guy who helped me get this did not know what strain or what type of weed it was..

I havent smoked it but it seems less dry than the other weed ive had before.

Is there a way to know what weed this is??

Thanks

EDIT-
    Definitely a head high, so a sativa? the purp i had smoked before numbed my body but this one didnt really have that effect. instead, i felt super upbeat and active, which is opposite lol

me and my friends were saying super creative ass shit

weed was smooth, it smelled like orange or some sort of fresh fruit before we lit it up.

ordering food was a blast because we were being super specific and visual in our order

2. looks like some nugget to me. Nice pick up, usually I have to smoke it to tell for sure. Light that shit up.

3. Looks good man, better than mids f'sho. Blaze it.

4. looks like some good nug not trimed well but still good

5. Better than most bud in South Jersey.

6. hey how do i dry weed?
    its a little too sticky, and ive read that drying it makes the weed more potent.. is this true?

if so, how do i cure these buds?

7. You buds look great, i'd use them as a benchmark for all the pot you see in the future ;)
    Yah, curing can increase potentcy, there's a few threads in this subsection of the forums that explain different methods, the stickied guides by Rumple, nugglord and JcJ.

Generally bud you buy has allready been dried and cured though (two seperate processes) and the "stickyness" is a sign of good quality pot. From here I'd just try and store your stash in a nice sealable container, out of sunlight.

8. you guys are fucking awesome, thanks man

would a ziplock bag count as sealable? also, i found it a bit hard to grind the weed as it stuck together.. should i try to not smoke it for a few days and let it dry?

9. ziplock bags are ok for temporary storage but they are not airtight and will let your bud dry out...you could leave these buds in a ziplock bag for a day or 2 seeing as u find them too wet right now

get a glass jar and your set.. also for 'travel size' i am really fond of fujifilm film canisters, smellproof and airtight

also dont be too edgy, haha just smoke that shit and you'll figure most of your questions out by yourself

10. looks nice and shticky bro, light it up ;)

11. Definitely a bomb pick up friend. I'd be pretty stoked to spark 1 up if I were you.
    You'll eventually look back on these "newbie" questions and probably get a good chuckle, lol.

12. Looks good to me dude. Although the best way is to smoke it and check it out. Also, if it is sticky, that is usually a good sign ;)
    But not every strain in named. So it might not have a name

Ziplock bags are good for a day or two. But they start to dry out after that which is not good.

Best bet is to get a proper mason jar or some other airtight storage. I tend to keep mine out of light and in a darkish/cool place (just a habit I picked up).

13. The proof of the bud is in the smoking, but it looks pretty enough.

14. Looks like some good weed, dude. Smoke it.

15. You smoke it yet?? I want to know how it smokes and TASTES. looks really good man.

16. looks really nice man

17. Gerber baby food jars are good as well.

18. lol you asked the question like the little crystals (trichromes) are a bad thing :p looks like great weed man, toke it up

19. Dankity, smoke it up! :hello:

20. dood dankeh shmoke it man ;)