im a new rapper, tell me what you think

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Dabone, Aug 1, 2011.

1. i have just started rapping and putting my videos on youtube.

just tell me what you think of my music, what song is your favorite, ways to improve, how to get out there ect.

thanks!

‪Kanaal van Dabone33‬‏ - YouTube

2. You sound pretty good man, your flow is tight, your lyrics are good.

I'm not really an authority on rap but it sounded good to me.

3. Sounded to english

4. I expected a lot worse man,good work..good work.
    The only thing I can think of that should be fixed is that you kinda go off tempo a few times.Try to keep smooth and maybe not worry about adding so many words into a line and be more creative than the rest.
    I'm trying to get somewhere to record at the moment but I've been writing since I was like 8 or 9

5. you picked the wrong genre

6. the songs are good, but you....damn..

i had to turn it off

7. Someone commented on your youtube page saying the same thing I was thinking.

Put more emotion into your voice, (its tough as fuck) cause you'll feel awkward and it sounds weird hearing yourself back. but it'll make you sound a lot smoother

8. your sayin some decent enough things, its hows you say them tho

9. Obviously not hating, but Im going to give you a couple of tips that will help.

Loosen up. It sounds like you might be hesitating on your delivery. Also, be a little louder and more "into" it when you're spitting. When it comes to your lyrics, you need to work on the structure a little bit. As of now, you have basic rhyme schemes. You need to start compound rhyming. Instead of rhyming just one word at a time work on having them rhyme more like "basketball - bastards fall- black as all" having more syllables rhyming. Sounds good though.