Im A New Grower And Have A Couple Of Soil Questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by superhaze20201, May 9, 2014.

1. I haven't yet planted but i was looking for good soil and came across fox farms . is it a good idea to mix happy frog and ocean forrest 50/50? or even adding light warrior as a 3rd to the mix with about 20% perlite . is there anything else i should be adding ? and how much do i feed the plant if i do use this super soil mix ? also is it a good idea to use fertilizers like grow big , tiger bloom , or big bloom ? please give me some expertise guys . thank you

2. #2 lFourTwenty, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    Actually if you have both, what I would do would be use a happy frog/perlite mix for seedlings, and use a ocean forest/perlite mix for your bigger pots. Also when using peat-based soil(like fox farms), it's good to add a pH buffer like lime. 1Tbsp per gallon of soil is what I use..keeps the plants from having any pH problems later in the grow.

When mixing the soil, I use a big plastic sterilite tub..I use 30-40% perlite..I also use the fox farm nutes..you can start feeding them half nutes during week 2-3, depends on how your plants react to the half-nute feeding if you should go full strength yet. If you did cut the soil with perlite, you will feed them sooner than you would if you added no extra perlite.