I'm a n00b

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by killraven, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Okay so as the title says, I'm a huge n00b at growing. I'm using an aerogarden to get my girls started in. It's been about 3 days and I still don't see a sprout, the dirt or what ever it is in the pods is kinda soggy so I'm thinking they might be getting root rot. If anyone could shed some light on how to start seeds in the aerogarden, how to tell if I have root rot, or just tell me if I'm being paranoid, it would be greatly appreciated. I though I knew what I was doing, but as you can tell I'm lost and think I may have fucked up. :cry:

2. Usually its recommended to germinate seeds outside of the pot so you can see if you have viable seeds. When you see root tap then plant it about 1/2 under the soil.

Germination can take 1-5 days generally so if you did not do that prior and simply planted it in the soil its going to take some time then additional time for them to break through the surface which can take a couple days.

Anyhow you just have to wait and be patient.

How you can tell you have bad seeds is they will eventually turn black when there being germinated..means your getting fermintation of the seed..rotting.