i'm a moron

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pikachupothead, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Alright, no one laugh (for too long). I have never grown before, but I have helped out friends, and I have a pretty good idea of how to make some killer little trees. My problem is that I have NO IDEA how to germinate. What the hell do i do? Please help me, give me some tips, etc. I would REALLY appreciate it!

2. OK, now I can tell you what I did, it worked but whether or not it's the correct way of doing it, I'm not sure.

I collected seeds from all sorts of weed, if I came across a nice black seed, I'd keep it. Now I have a whole container of seeds. To germinate them I placed some cotton wool in a saucer, added a little water, placed the seed on the wool and covered it with more. Then I got another saucer and put it on top, like a sandwich!! I then put it out in the sun for a few days. I checked it regulary and added more water if needed, just enough to make the wool damp.

The seeds swell then a shoot will spring out. When they got to this stage I put them in a pot, about a inch or less deep in the soil. Give it a day or three and you will find yourself with a baby MJ plant.

NOW, I have in the past, placed the seed straight into the pot and had the same results, just a longer wait.

I think all you need to know is that the seed needs to be in a dark, warm and moist place to sprout.

3. Just place the seed(s) in a damp paper towel, then place folded paper towel in a ziplock bag. Stash ziplock in a dark and warm place. Check like 24 hours later, and just like mulli said, if theres a little tail, then put it a pot/container/rockwool. If the paper towel dries out, just dampen it a little. I usually let seeds germ for a week, and throw out the rest after that. Basically the high quality seeds I have (heavens stairway rocks) almost always germ in 24 hours or less. Those less fresh ones i get from midgrade usually take 3-4 days.

4. Thanx for the input y'all and thanx for the warm welcome Indy! I'm sure to come here for any help I'll need while I'm growing, and to check out the totally awesome pix you guys have. Thanks again and I'll bcnu around.