I'm a mess after a 5yr relationship..

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by steve2043, Mar 10, 2012.

1. I've been outta a realtionship now for comin up 7 months.
    I havent progressed at all since then.

We broke up just short of 5 life defining years.

The last 2 months, i've pretty much managed to stay high most of the time i'm awake just so I dont let it get to me, I know that sounds stupid, but i'm pretty down.

I dropped outta university, and havent told ANYONE I know. Not even the people I live with know..

What does a friendly bunch of stoners recommend for helping me get my shit together?
    I'm 23, not some 15yr old kid whining about some lost tail, i'm genuinely in tatters.

Would love some helpful advice, how to better myself etc.

Thanks very much dudes.

Steve2043

2. the only constant is change, friend. Be well.

3. First of all, it's time for a t-break until you get your life together. Second? Get your ass back in school. You just gotta move on, man. Make new friends, go out with the old ones, meet new chicks- stop living in the past, you're squandering your life by doing so. At some point you just have to say, "enough is enough and I've gotta move on with my life."

Good luck man.

4. Keep your chin up
    First off try to get back in school or at least enrolled for the fall term or a summer class.
    Be good to yourself.
    This too shall pass.

5. You definitely gotta go back to school. It'll keep your mind occupied with schoolwork and people. Since you have nothing to do, you probably spend a lot of time alone right? That's just going to keep you thinking about the past. Go back to school and meet new people so you can move your life forward and stop thinking about your relationship so much

6. same thing happened to me after a 3 and a half year relationship ended. you just need to stay positive and find someone else. it took me well over a year to recover from it, so give it some time and remember everything is gonna be ok.

7. Stay. Chipper. Son.

Also, it only gets better from here on out man. Maybe tell some of your friends, i'm sure they would be willing to help you through this shit. Nothing like having someone who cares about you after you got raped by a suckubus.

8. Instead of wallowing in self pity like a fool, go back to school. Find yourself a cute college chick. Next thing you know, you're on Grasscity bragging about the awesome blowjob you just got and asking us how to convince your new girl to let you stick it in her bum.

Now get out there tiger!

9. No offense... but you need to get over her, or you're going to end up a complete and utter loser.

Get the fuck back to school, meet some new girls, smoke with THEM, and find a new relationship.

10. Why did you drop out of university? Couldn't focus on work because of her?

11. OP, I know this is very hard to digest at your age, but as you get older and your experiences continue to grow, you'll probably realize that this 5-year period between the ages of 18 and 23 were not exactly as "life defining" as they may seem now.

Take a t-break. Get back in school. Go out more often with your friends. Smoke with new people (getting back in school is an excellent way to meet new smokers).

You might have noticed I didn't say go out and find a new woman. I'm not going to assume that you're even remotely ready for that just yet, but friendships always help during times like this to help re-gain focus and perspective.

Above all, remember this. Your life is only just beginning for you. Remember perspective. Good luck with it.

12. Get back in school man, you're too young to be in committed relationship. Try out as much as you can while you're still young man. Keep yourself busy man.

13. Get your ass back in school.
    Take a break until you get your shit together.
    Life is as good as you make it, so make it grand.

14. THANKS to LITERALLY EVERYONE thats replied.
    @cronicdemonic, I dropped out as I couldnt really focus on anything, and was kinda on autopilot. Fucking regretting it now, obviously. And btw I look a helluva lot like Shaggy from Scooby Doo haha.
    Whats a T-break? Tolerance break? Probably a good idea, more for the monetary side than anything, at least I've found some awesome rolling ideas :p

15. This is pretty much the best advice here. The average time for getting over a relationship is half the time of the relationship. Instead of losing yourself in another girl, the best thing you can do for yourself is stay single and enjoy the benefits of being that. If you're too wrapped up in your own thoughts, go talk to other people and listen to what they have to say for a while. You'll be too busy with them to worry about yourself. And like everyone else said - school, or whatever else will keep you busy and keep you feeling like you're accomplishing something. One girl doesn't need to define you, you should be doing that for yourself. Good luck.

16. Just follow your <3

17. Hahaha, you guys want a good laugh? Guess who's the only person i've slept with since?
    My fucking flat mate.

Maybe i'm just generally messed up haha :rolleyes:

18. I agree with not finding a new woman...I did that two weeks after my three year long relationship ended, but was a mistake...that relationship ended in June, and this "rebound" relationship ended a few weeks ago...I think I buried most of my issues from that relationship deep inside, but I don't really go out much or have any real friends at all lol. So I would definitely recommend meeting some new people, and being around friends as much as possible

19. Well if dropping out of university is what you want, then go for it and don't be embarrassed about telling people. Find another hobby to fill your time with.

But if it isn't really what you want, then reconsider.

20. [quote name='"steve2043"']I've been outta a realtionship now for comin up 7 months.
    I havent progressed at all since then.

We broke up just short of 5 life defining years.

The last 2 months, i've pretty much managed to stay high most of the time i'm awake just so I dont let it get to me, I know that sounds stupid, but i'm pretty down.

I dropped outta university, and havent told ANYONE I know. Not even the people I live with know..

What does a friendly bunch of stoners recommend for helping me get my shit together?
    I'm 23, not some 15yr old kid whining about some lost tail, i'm genuinely in tatters.

Would love some helpful advice, how to better myself etc.

Thanks very much dudes.

Steve2043[/quote]

You live in florida bro? Shits a bit weird right now with a similar situation.