Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Im 25 years old and my dad still crawls my ass about weed...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ScorpXyne, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Been smoking over 10 years, got caught by my dad a shit load of times. I guess he will never get the picture.. lol

2. u still live at home?

3. If you don't live under his roof tell him to deal with it

• Like Like x 1
  4. I live on my own.

5. Man, I'm 55 and my Mom still treats me like I was 17. Get used to it. I'ts life.

• Like Like x 4
  6. dont tell him you smoke anymore then. Thats kind of lame considering the how public's opinion on weed is shifting greatly this past year. Is he worried youre going to lose your job or something?

• Like Like x 2
  7. #7 hermione420, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
    Smoke more stealth if you know your dad will be coming over or if you're going to visit him or something. Smoke outside or invest in a real carbon sploof. Don't ever lead him to believe you still smoke.

8. i disagree with most people here. i make sure my parents are well aware of my smoking habits, I'm trying to make it less taboo for as many people as possible. my mums slowly coming round

• Like Like x 4
  9. Well if you're gonna do that just be prepared and don't ask for advice on how to deal with your dad not liking your habits. Good luck

10. I don't think you need to 'deal' with anyone not liking your habits. It's tough to accept it when it's your parents but some people never change and I'm not going to be any less open because of it. Dont mean to give off bad vibes just my opinion

Sent

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 BakedSnarf, Apr 4, 2014
    LOL, before l giving someone some shitty attitude maybe you should check to see who you're replying to, because last I checked he's not OP whom was asking for help about this.

OP, do what makes you comfortable, if you want your parents to become more accepting of your smoking habits then it's probably best to be heard about how you enjoy a toke every now and again; show them the benefits of smoking up. If you'd just prefer for them to get off your case though then you'll just have to be a little more careful as to where you keep your stuff and when you smoke to not alarm your dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. My parents are cool that I smoke, they told me they'd be hypocrites if they thought they could persuade me.

I respect them for this, means a lot and I am lucky to have really cool ex-stoner parents

But that doesn't mean I hotbox the living room or walk past them with my bong in my hands. I try to be low-key with my shit, and I'm sure my parents respect that part about me

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #13 hermione420, Apr 4, 2014
    My bad. For some reason I genuinely thought he was OP. It makes sense now. My mistake.

For OP, try hiding your smoking from your dad for a while and if he catches you again, just tell him how careful you are and respect him but aren't a child and can make your own decisions responsibly

14. I would just explain that I am an adult, and that while I appreciate his opinion I will be making my own choices.

15. He is just trying to look out for you, not like it will change anything though.  Maybe inform him of all the medicinal benefits of marijuana.  Vape instead of smoke maybe.

16. I let my dad know I coulda been an alcoholic like him and my brother, instead I'm a pothead.....

• Like Like x 3
  17. If you already achieved success, then you shouldn't worry about another person's opinion

• Like Like x 1
  18. man i get shit from my parents if i dont smile when i see them..."whats wrong? are you on the pot? is everything ok? have you hit your wife"....jeez dont get me started, not trying to spread negativy.

op, do you.

19. OP, theres always gonna be people who are gonna look down on you for it. Just accept that and get on with your life.

20. Turning off years if brainwashing is very hard. Almost as hard as turning off the need to "look out for" your child. Combine those two things and this happens.

• Like Like x 3