Illinois Pot Bust Over 1.5 Tons of Pot Seized Near O'Hare

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Asyd420, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Well, incoming price hike/dry spell for me most likely.

2. #4 Bucky, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2010
    So funny that this is being reported while there is a medical bill in Illinois legislature...

Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for SB1381

I'm beginning to wonder if I can find more interesting "coincidences" with big busts...

***Goes to investigate a possible conspiracy...***

3. thats nowt, some kid we all knew got caught with three and half tonnes, his third delivery too!, of cannabis resin, better than buds, got and did 7 years prison for it, laws are punished less over here in uk.

id love to know how police come up with the street value figures, sounds like rubbish to me

4. #6 Heroic Dose, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2010
    Damn. nearly 3500lbs. That's going to be a big blow for you guys down there.

They take the value of X amount of pounds and multiply? For that weight it seems to be a realistic price.

And no, you don't know a single person who has ever seen that much weed in his entire life troll.

5. Hahah I work in a warehouse in Franklin park...if only that were in my warehouse and I found it :rolleyes:

6. HURRAY!!!
    FUCK THE CARTELS!
    (Assuming that the Mexicans were in cahoots with them, and 9 times out of 10 the only dumb ass' that try to move 1.5 tons of pot or even have that much bud in a recession would be... well you get the drift.) Sad... would liked to have been there when they burned it! damn that would be a lot of smoke!

7. well you could take the value and amount of bud and divide to see what they think a lb of it was worth... just a thought... (just under $2700 in this case which would be fair for chronic but not mex brick pack)

you should only blow smoke when your tokin mate

8. #10 morefreedom, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2010
    For every 1.5 tons they catch there is probably 200 tons that they never catch.

Also why are they considering Marijuana "narcotics" trafficking. Last time I checked marijuana is not an opiate.

9. i hope it dosent affect me :(

10. Your probably fine man, probably like 100 times that goes through Chi-Town every year, besides from the sounds of it this was a mexi-schwag bust, not really too much of a loss.

I'm kinda glad I live up here in BC, all our bud is homegrown, couldn't find mexican dirt if you tried:hello:

11. Some lucky cop who made the bust gets to suck the chiefs cock tonight! :hello:

12. There was another pretty big bust last year in/around the palos forest preserves. Ran by the mexican cartels too (i think).