Illinois Medical Marijuana Bill Passes House Committee

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Blaghlagh, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Dunno if this was posted yet. If this is old news please forgive, exciting nevertheless.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/Medical_Marijuana_mar0409

Illinois Medical
    Marijuana Bill Passes
    House Committee

Medical Marijuana Bill Passes House Comm - The Illinois House Human Services Committee passed a bill Wednesday that would allow seriously ill patients with certain debilitating conditions who have their doctors' recommendations to use medical marijuana without fear of arrest.

The bill passed by a vote of 4-3, according to the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP), a marijuana policy reform organization. A companion bill, SB 1381, is sponsored by Sen. Bill Haine (D-Alton) in the Illinois Senate and is expected to receive a hearing in the Senate Public Health Committee next Tuesday, a release from MPP said.

HB 2514, the House medical marijuana bill, is sponsored by Rep. Lou Lang (D-Skokie).
    This isn't the first time a medical marijuana bill was introduced in the Illinois House, the group says, but it is the first time a House committee passed such a bill.

2. yeah i just actually heard it on the news like less than 5 mins ago.
    I'm not for the use or legalization of MJ, nor any of that stuff here in IL. :mad:

3. ^what? Did I read that wrong? You're not for the use or legalization of marijuana. Then what are you doing here?

4. I read somewhere that Pat Quinn is going to be in support of this bill!

Hopefully it passes