Illinois Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by St0neyBal0gney, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Yeah, I've considered it, but read too many horror stories about illegal states intentionally pulling over people with out of state plates coming from Colorado and searching their cars. Not worth the risk to me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. You'll be disappointed in the bud they have from what I hear and all the prices are on the website. Theres also a dispensary in effingham that may be open as well. And Colorado guy we wont ever have cheap stuff like you guys. Anyone in your state can grow and sell to dispensaries if they have lab tests, whereas nobody is allowed to grow here weather your medical or not. Illinois legalized weed to make the money they wont stop and I'm fairly positive the prices will go up and quality will down in the first few months in ships opening. The medical bud they sell now cant hold a candle to the stuff we have on the black market. Black market has better quality and lower prices so I wont be wasting any time waiting at a dispensary

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. Private growers can not sell to dispensaries in Colorado. You have to be liscenced. All of the med and rec bud is grown by liscenced facilities.

Our sales tax is at 26% for all cannabis except medical.
    When I started in the industry, a pound cost $2200 wholesale. Over the past 5 years it has gone down to $800-$1100 a pound wholesale.
    Like I said, when supply exceeds demand prices will go down. This is Econ 101.

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Medical patients can grow up to 5 plants under the new laws in Illinois

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Before I moved to Co from Illinois I used to road trip it out here to buy. Instead of driving it back I would snail mail it back to myself in Illinois.

• Like Like x 2
  6. From what I was told, EarthMed in Addison will be open at 6:00 AM on the 1st to recreational users.

That being said, their current inventory for existing medical customers is running low due to a combination of a flower shortage and medical customers like me "stocking up". Also, medical customers ordering online will get first priority after the New Years.

I think there is a good shot you'd be able to buy from EarthMed on the 1st, but expect tight restrictions on how much you can purchase each day.

7. So HCI in Collinsville has been bought out and it's now called Illinois Supply and Provisions.

This is the same company that is opening the dispensary in Fairview Heights. From what I understand the dispensary in Fairview Heights will be recreational only and the Collinsville location will be both recreational and medical. Fairview Heights location I believe will be open by May, but possibly as early as late February. It will be located in the old piano store on the Frontage Road across I64 from the Mall.

The Green Solution in Sauget by Grizzly Stadium I just found out has not and will not receive their recreational license before the first, therefore they will not be open for Recreation on the 1st.

the prices in Illinois will come down eventually. Because they not only have to compete with Michigan to the north they have to compete with Missouri here in the Southwest. Now I know Missouri isn't recreational legal, but their medical laws are super chill IMO, and I just saw on the news the other night that Missouri has approved 60 cultivation center licenses, 14 of them in St Louis. This is license given, meaning they can start at any time, which means they are fired up right now.

Pair all that with the fact that medical patients can grow six plants in Missouri, and anyone can become a caregiver, and be a caregiver for up to three med patients.

So the black market in Illinois is going to swell dramatically in the next year. Product is going to be both cheaper and more plentiful in Missouri and Michigan before Illinois even approves enough licenses for cultivation Centers here.

With conditions like this I don't know how Illinois expects to make money underneath the Iron Fist of Chicago

8. I'm curious, is it considered black market to resell what a dispensary sold me? If I sold you a case of beer out of my fridge, that's not illegal...

Like I said, just curious.

9. Actually, I think it is illegal for you to sell me a case of beer out of your fridge. You can give me one but you can't sell me one. Not according to the man anyway lol

Illinois is going to consider anything that isn't being taxed by them as black market.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Heck bro, the quad cities already has a lot illegal home grows. I've met a lot of growers that way and im sure its only a small percentage of those who actually grow.

11. The online ordering for EarthMed will still be restricted to med customers after the 1st.

Rent a small car for about $25 per day with unlimited miles!

12. Oops... dupe post

13. Not worth the time. I can still get whatever i need here just as cheap if not cheaper without 30+ hours in a car. Time is money and im not that desperate....oh ya and theres still the risk of driving through illegal states. Its just not worth it. The illegal market in Illinois is thriving plus i grow .

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fwiw im canadian and was recently speaking to the guy at my local hydro store and saying how his business must be much better now were legal to grow and to my surprise he said that nothings really changed. His reasoning was that majority of people at least in B.C that want to grow have already been doing it for years. After I thought about it I think he's correct. Our legal cannabis is currently 2-3x the cost of the black market price of 120cad a oz

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. Does anyone know about the med patients growing the 5 plants if they can do it somewhere else or what’s the deal with that and with the crafter license

• Like Like x 1
  16. So let’s hear about how it is to not be criminals anymore? Congratulations on a well won fight.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Cheers m8

• Like Like x 1
  18. I wouldnt know, I can't stay within the realms of the law so im still a bandit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. We're off and running! I believe there are only eight dispensaries open to the public statewide. I am monitoring the inventory at my medical dispensary and they appear to be holding up with supply so far. There is/was about a three hour wait at one of the city dispensaries that opened today.

But those taxes being charged to recreational customers??? YIKES!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. ^ In other news, Indiana will still be treating people in possession of pot like hardened criminals because they suck ass! (But having 50 assault rifles in your trunk is still OK.)

• Winner Winner x 1