Illinois Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by St0neyBal0gney, Dec 5, 2019.

1. We knew it as that in the 70's. "All he/she has is mersh" was an often heard phrase. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I've been smoking and growing in this state for almost 15 years. I've applied for medical grow, rec grow, and craft grow licenses and I'm partial owner of a hemp farm. Nobody is allowed to grow and they arent going to be

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. #43 Deleted member 1103966, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2019

• Like Like x 1
  4. If somewhere in the quad city areas that’d be cool to learn the ways

5. If the feds would simply correct our DEA schedules, which absurdly still have cannabis on the same schedule as heroin, cannabis would be legal coast to coast within a few years. Some state governments refuse to represent the will of their residents, in a few cases (KY, TN, AL and other liquor states), ingrained and powerful lobbies are fighting cannabis legalization for purely financial reasons. IMO these states will be the very last to abandon our obsolete federal policy. According to U.S. history they usually have been very last to abandon any obsolete federal policy, regardless of issue. Education is empowerment for sure.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. #46 PopeyeSpinach, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    Im glad its finally happening, on the 1st im gonna have 2 dispensaries within 15-20 mins of my house, by spring there is gonna be another one about 5 mins from my house.

Now that said, it may be some time before i go

• Like Like x 2
  7. Well, since it is now my "personal candy store" (as a fairly recent med patient), I'll make a day out of my dispensary trips. It's the people on Black Thursday who camp out for hours for TV that I can't understand! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. I hear ya'... legal CA quality definitely seems to be a lot better based on experience.

9. The current medical cultivators lobbied the corrupt ass Democrats of this state and made it so that only the current cultivators can grow and supply for a while. Basically giving them the ability to grow big and strong before anyone else can move in. You can also thank the same pieces of shit for making it so the citizens can't grow. Again, they don't want any competition.

Legalization shouldn't even be the term used for this, it should just be called regulation.

I really wish that norml and all the other websites that show maps of legalization states would take this stance and start to calling States like ours regulated. If you can't grow your just regulated

10. Everything we buy and consume is regulated and med patients can grow and the alternative is a Republican who still wants it TIGHTLY regulated and will likely start stripping our rights away once they get back in power like they do with abortion. In this case, they’ll decide they don’t like the idea of expunging the records of African Americans because they are... you know... a bunch of racists.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. #51 PopeyeSpinach, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    Rauner was a dumb cunt too..... but if you're going to try and convince me that Republicans are racists and Democrats are not then you're not as smart as you think you are. Democrats play the race card very well though, Just like Republicans play the Evangelical card... and at the end of the day they both get what they want which is us at each other's throats over some dumb shit while they do whatever the fuck they want cuz none of them give a shit about you or me

12. Rauner (and Blago too) were dumb cuts... I agree... and the racism thing is purely a newer development for the party once the current head of the party starter proposing full Muslim bans and putting children in cages.

... I also agree that the middling Dems in DC likewise don't give a shit about us... they would rather spend $1 trillion to buoy the economy but would never spend $1 trillion on something like universal health care.

We do have more in common than you think... and I think that some of the Dems running for POTUS are indeed "anti-establishment" and for all the right reasons... unlike the current person who ran on a "hate" platform. Listen to what they say (i.e., Sanders, Warren, Steyer, Yang).

Regarding why we are all here in this forum, any of the above candidates plan to end marijuana prohibition via executive order immediately. Republicans and middle-of-the-road Dems like Biden clearly are not advocates for cannabis users.

On a related note... I went to the dispensary and pickings are getting slimmer and overheard an employee tell someone "we don't know how we are going to handle this yet). Not a great sign for prospective legal rec users... prepare to wait in line for a LONG time on Jan 1.

13. I have zero plans to stand in any lines, it could be February or March before I'm even thinking about stepping foot in a dispensary

14. I did plan to stand in line on the first. I was excited about it too, but I just found out that the place nearest me that is supposed to start selling recreationally isn't even going to be open on the first. Their facebook says they will be closed, and comments on that facebook post (from medical users freaking out about rec users taking all their pot) have a few replies saying that the people working there told them they won't even be selling to recreational users until the end of the month... I know it's all hearsay, and I'll probably call later in the week to confirm, but...

Does anyone know for certain which places in Illinois will actually be open and selling on the first? Because web articles have this wrong... Just because these places can sell on the first doesn't mean they are.

15. I really hate to be the bearer of bad news but u R probably right!

16. Enid okla just passed the medical marijuana law about a year and a half ago and we have 7 already and now they're wanting to pass recreational marijuana use, people now day's that sell weed R no longer drug dealers they're either Dispensary owners or growers now what the hell does that sound like to anyone over 40yrs.old?now don't get me wrong it's about goddamned time! I love smoking me some weed and I essentially love growing my babies, well thanks for listening,to anyone interested in talking or exchanging ideas or just lying about the old days my name is Cole y.

17. The only dispensary I know will be open on the first is hci in collinsville they are even opening for 2 each hours 7am to 9pm. That being said have fun paying 28% taxes on wax, 23% on edibles, and 13% on bud. That's $18.20 in tax on a $65 gram of wax which is about what t hth ey charge. They have a website Google HCI alternatives

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. $65 grams of concentrate? Wow! Here in rural Colorado I can get good concentrate, 75% THC for 8-10 dollars a gram.

The prices will drop guys. As soon as supply exceeds demand. I give it a year.

Until then, road trip it to an already legal state. Wax Wednesday in Log Lane Village Co, 8grams of concentrate for $80 out the door.

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

19. The road trip to any legal state would cost more then you would save unless you were buying a lot and then you have to risk transporting it back across illegal states. Its a 13- 14 hour road trip to the border each way to Colorado . My personal truck gets 9mpg with the wind behind it going down hill so its really not worth the trip for me....lol

20. #60 ILWeed, Dec 27, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    Cool, thanks, I checked out their site. They're over an hour drive from me, though... not sure how I feel about that.

My current connections aren't good. They're way cheap, but I'm pretty sure they're using pesticides on their stuff, so I was looking forward to some clean, regulated weed for a change. Also, I don't smoke that much. A half ounce of weed can last me at least a month, (I vape flower on weekends) which is why I don't mind paying more for better quality stuff.

A lot of these sites have cart checkouts. Does that work? Will recreational users be able to buy weed online in Illinois starting the first?

Edit because: Of course, you'd need to sign for it and show I.D. like with alcohol. Don't know why I asked that. Buying weed legally is clearly new to me. lol