Illinois legalization Jan 1st 2020

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by PopeyeSpinach, May 4, 2019.

1. And what's your take on that? I like the parts where they give those of us with previous cannabis offenses a break, both with expungement and help with starting cannabis businesses. One thing I don't understand is why those from out of state are limited to possessing half the amount state residents are allowed. Overall I think if they are going to continue prohibiting the free use of cannabis it's a pretty good plan. I like it.

2. Honestly it's kind of shit in my opinion.

You can only have a lil over an ounce. So if you're a grower and you harvest 3 oz your breaking the law....

Currently I buy 1ml 1000mg disposable vape cartridges, I take the wording to mean I will only be able to "legally" buy 1ml 500mg. So I'll continue to get those off the black market...

The half amount for visitors they believe makes it more difficult for people to come in and buy product to take back out of state.

The only thing that's good is that they are at least allowing at 5 plant grow.

• Like Like x 1
  3. They limit out of staters because they do not live here and only here for a short period of time, therefore dont need to stock up and risk taking the extra out of state across illegal state borders. Where someone who lives here, keeps their supply here and doesnt cross the border when the visit is over.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. I think there is more good to the plan than allowing only 5 plants. It's true the legal amount to possess is too low. You are allowed to possess 5 grams of concentrate so your vape cartridge should be okay, the 500mg of THC limit is for edibles, at least that's the way I read the article you cited. Still, come on man, walking into a store and buying pot is so much of an advance over what it was in my youth it's not even in the same universe. Be happy! It's a huge step forward even though it shouldn't even be regulated, it should be as regulated as growing tomatoes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I think it’s fair. Plus it’s a huge step forward in this state. Plus it’s going to allow people with prior convictions to own 51 percent of a cannabis business. Not bad jb.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well if that's the case I dont care, I'm not an edibles fan anyway lol. But I'm gonna give it one more shot when I can get a dose amount.

I've done edibles about 10 or so times in my 40 years on this planet, didnt enjoy the high one time.

7. well your doing better than NJ, lawmakers can't get anything right here with them legalizing..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Finally cant wait to get something growing;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. I’m always glad to see any step forward. New Years 20 will be :passtheshit: for you folks there.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #15 cleanbudz, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Those cunts want to profit more, the proposal should be denied until growing is allowed. Watch them come crawling back for another chance at tax revenue and start bargaining on the # of plants. At least in my world that's how it'd go down.

Look at Colorado..6 plants are allowed by state law...12 are allowed in Denver and other areas...way more if medical licensed. The state has no fucking problem raking in millions upon infinite millions and investing back into infrastructure. Following an example of the Colorado or other western state model is the logical method..tourists can only possess half as much as residents in IL? WTF? LESS sales...logic?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fuck illinois. I'm getting out of this shit state as soon as possible.

Sent from my [illustrious_imagination] using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. Disregarding some of the cry babies in the comment section, I really think Illinois has made progress on legalizing marijuana for recreational use. I'm glad states are starting to become legal, as history is being made almost every year. Hopefully soon, we can get all of the states to become fully legalized, as that would be an absolute dream.

It's crazy to think Illinois would become legal as we have one of the biggest cities in the country which is Chicago, and I think the marijuana industry is really going to pick up even more than where it use to be.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Fuck Illinois, they did this alllll wrong. I promise home grow was never really wanted by them. They didnt even fight for it, just caved and removed it.

I mostly use 1 gram disposable vape cartridges i buy off the street. (I have athsma) They are from out of state dispensaries. Illinois has limited those to .5 gram carts...literally 50% strength of what i use now.

So right off the bat i know its quite likley i wont ever go to a dispensary. Im gonna keep using my people and get what i want.

No one wants to move here, more people are leaving cuz of their BS tax hike they passed with the cannabis bill..... we now have some of the highest taxes in the land and the lawmakers gave themselves a raise..

And we're going to have some of the highest weed prices in the land.

Sure they're doing this right and it's all for the people. Sell that to yourself, don't try to sell it to me....

This is tight regulation, this is not legalization

14. In the bill, it states that you can grow up to 5 plants in your home if you are a medical patient. I'm sure it's really not that difficult to get a medical card if you really have an issue. Also, we all know cannabis in Illinois was going to be expensive, but who fucking cares man, IT'S NOW LEGAL. When it comes to legalizing marijuana, you should IMMEDIATELY know that there will and will always be some type of regulation. Regulations can actually be a good thing to some extent.

The only reason cannabis would even pass is because of the idea to make money. This is how a government works, and I really don't want to bring this into a political debate, but money is something Illinois has had issues with because of a huge population such as Chicago.

If you do not wish to actually participate in buying legal weed from dispensaries, they you can always go through the black market. In fact, it might be easier to get the products you so desire because of this bill. It's not like it's the end of the world if something doesn't go your way. Remember, nothing is illegal until you are caught and charged.

Good luck!