Illinois House bill 30 Medical MJ

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by FrankTheTank28, Mar 17, 2012.

1. If your in Il show some support and get the word out !!

"Legislation that aims to allow for the medicinal use of marijuana by qualified patients remains pending for the 2012 legislative session in the Illinois congress.

Initially introduced in 2011, House Bill 30, seeks to enact a pilot program regulating the limited use of marijuana for authorized medical marijuana patients. Lawmakers passed thethis bill out of committee in 2011, but consideration a House floor vote pending further consideration.

A companion bill, SB 1548, also remains pending in the Senate.

House Bill 30 will help to ensure that medical marijuana patients in Illinois will no longer have to fear arrest or prosecution from state law enforcement. As introduced, this act would allow qualified patients diagnosed with a “debilitating medical condition” to possess up to 6 cannabis plants and 2.5 ounces of marijuana for therapeutic purposes. The measure would seeks to establish not-for-profit “compassion centers” to provide medical marijuana for patients in a safe, above-ground environment..."

-Norml
    (Illinois Lawmakers Still Considering Medical Marijuana Measure)

Click Here
    Or here to send a message to your house member!

2. don't wanna' get my hopes up again, but i'm doin' it!

3. Oh this is GREAT!!! I'm a newbie here and would love for Illinois to "catch up"!! Yeaaaa!!!

4. Please please please please please please

5. we can only hope for the best

6. I hope this gets through... I've been itching to grow for a while now.

7. May I say it again?

please please please please please please please!!!!!!

8. I hope this passes.
    Bump!

9. This would be so awesome

10. #11 MEHH, May 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
    Absolutely, we need to get this passed for the patients of Illinois. People like this:

Illinois Medical Cannabis Patient - Marla - YouTube

We have to keep fighting. They complained when SB1380 was too loose of a bill. We give them a bill that is extremely tight and limiting and it's still not enough. It's clear these Reps didn't care about the fact that 1380 wasn't strict enough, because strict enough for them is no cannabis at all. But, we have to keep pushing them to support the bill. We've come very close, so now definitely isn't the time to give up. ;)

11. Everyone using MJ is at risk of arrest or prosecution from state law enforcement...

I really hope this passes though, the more states legalizing MMJ is a step forward for the cause.

12. This would be great, but why is it this info not on the news or anything like that. There seems to be no coverage of this from no where on tv or for people to see.

13. [quote name='"gregmagnu"']This would be great, but why is it this info not on the news or anything like that. There seems to be no coverage of this from no where on tv or for people to see.[/quote]

Exactly :rolleyes:

14. I bet more people would hear if there were millions of posters up.

15. its already passed the House!

16. What does that mean?

17. It has been voted on in the House with a passing percentage. Now it just has to get through the Senate

18. [quote name='KushOrDie']It has been voted on in the House with a passing percentage. Now it just has to get through the Senate[/QUOTWow,i didnt know it passed, when will there be dispensaries?