Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Illegality... part of the fun?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Boffin, Nov 16, 2004.

?

Does the illegality of pot make it more appealing, or fun?

1. Yes indeedily! Bad to the bone, me...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No! I hate that pot is illegal and it makes me feel guilty.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Just wanna hear all o' y'alls thoughts on this. I think that a lot of stoners would really miss the illegality of pot if it were to be made fully legal. There's just something fun about how it's a little difficult to get hold of, you meet new people, learn of new places, it's a whole culture BECAUSE it's illegal... at least i.m.o. Let's hear your thoughts! :hello:

P.S... feel free to tag the poll, but please comment too! :)

2. Yeah you got some good points for why some people might want it to remain illegal, but i voted against it remaining illegal. I voted this way because i think that illegality brings a stigma to everyone smoking pot to normal people, ive had old friends call me a pot head and laugh about it and shit (not that i care(or actually smoke enough to be considered one lol)), but the fact its illegal ppl make such a big deal out of it. If ppl knew i drinked they wouldnt give a toss..

It doesnt make me feel guilty as such but i know i shit it when im making a deal of over half an ounce and i worry a lot about someone finding it.

Secondly if it was made legal it would be easier to obtain which is good imo as it drives down prices (before tax, hint hint, oh wait i suppose technically thats still illegal...)

3. Some good points. :) I guess there are gonna be pro's and cons for every situation... I think it probably would be better legalized (the pros outweigh the cons) although for, I think, at least around a decade there would still be a stigma attached- there is for cigarette smokers after all. What do you reckon the age limit would be? I think it'd probably be around the same as alcohol...

4. I don't feel guilty, but I don't get excited knowing its illegal either.

5. I think it should be the same age as cigs (16 here), as at 16 your recognised as an adult and i think being able to smoke should allow you to get high. :smoke:

I guess the only way to remove the stigma is for all stoners to show the non-smokers that not all drugs make people into twats.. infact no drugs do, its the peson who takes them, for instance killing someone isnt the guns fault... saying that i don't know much about other drugs..

edit: about the whole 16 year old issue, i waited until i was 16 because i wanted to make sure i was making the right decision. And before i smoked i looked into it and asked ppl all about it to make sure. I just think that ppl should wait till they are mature and able to make an educated decision before they do something illegal or which has health effects (not that there are to many for a light casual smoker like myself).

6. ditto.

7. Fuck no it isn't part of the fun. The thought of getting busted is a constant
    bring down. That's why I'm looking forward to going to Amsterdam. Fine
    fucking weed, fine hash and no worries.

8. when i just started it was kinda cool...it felt fun trying to sneak around (like bond:D)...but now i just want it to be legalized sooooooooooooooooooooooo much

[SIZE=+2px]LEGALIZE!!![/SIZE]

9. i just love marijuana, i dont care if its legal, illegal, its all good, it's been there for so long for me, why would i care?

10. Yeah its kinda fun having it illegal but then again it sucks when the fuzz get involved

11. I'm with Greenhit on this one.

How I wish, How I wish I was :smoking:

12. i've thought of this myself. i'd love being able to spark up anywhere at anytime like the cigarette smokers. but then again, weed wouldn't be so cool if everyone was doing it and the truth was out. maybe it's the way it is for a reason...

13. if it's illegal, not negatively effecting anyone, and i know i can't be caught then i feel good about what i'm doing. But i never do things that hurt anyone unless i need to send them some synthetic bad karma.

14. I honestly think i never would have gotten into it if it was legal

15. The whole fact that it's illegal does make me angry and whatnot, and i'd rather have it legal than illegal.. but the fact that it is illegal right now can be fun... you gotta be sneaky and it's somewhat enjoyable. But after awhile being bond isnt so much fun

16. It would be cool if it weren't legal, but tolerated.

17. hmm if it was legal it would be tight but then some of the good reason like the only one being stoned and u know ur stoned but no one else isnt and the secretness i would like it to stay illegal in my opinion but the only thing that sucks is a fine or jail. if u smoke weed, u can get weed. but if it wasnt illegal there would be a headshop with all sorts of weed and cheaper prices and tells u what kind of high u can get. hippies would be running the stores. god damn i would love to own one of em stores. it would be like starbucks. they everywhere.

18. mannnn fuck that shit man....fucking make it legal!!! ya know? i can give a rats hairy ass if it fun or exhilerating about it being illegal.....i can actuall hear you out on ONLY one point about it being kinda like "fun" on only ONE PART ....thats when you meet up with your dealer...and its like a stealthy mission...or sum'n like a big smuggling thing or sum'n but other than that legalize it! NOW..NOW....NOW....now.......now...................now............................now........
    .....................n.....o.....w...............................................................n..
    ................................o...........................................................w............
    NOW! :smoke:

19. I think it should be legalized. On those days when your dealers are out & you wanna smoke up... that's killer. And I think it would be just as social. Smokers have our own community. I've met enough people just through smoking. Or drinking. You meet enough people through drinking. It'd just be another niche.

20. i think it should be legalized, but thats only because i stand to lose so much if i get busted. one of the politicians said he thought we should go for a tacit decriminalization - still bust on the people like in the commercial who kill people, but leave the end users alone. seems like that would make the most of us happy. I'd still rather see it legal, though, becuase a tacit decriminalization still means anasshole cop could really take me down. whatever keeps me out of trouble =) although - if you only smoke the stuff because it's illegal, you might wantto consid quitting - save yourself some money =P