Illegal search of a car?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by wingedlacrosse, Feb 28, 2012.

1. So me and a buddy were on a trip back to his house when I make a wrong turn on a street that your not supposed to make left turns on and I get pulled over for it. When the cop comes up she asks where we were going and if i knew I couldn't make a turn there? I said to a friends house and no I didn't. Previously I had been charged with paraphernalia and had the charge not prosecuted. She gets my license and registration and then asks to search my car because of the charges I had before. I told her flat out that I do not consent. She then begins to tell me that shes going to call the dogs and I tell her to go for it. More cops roll up and after talking for a bit they tell me to get out of the car. They search me and then search my buddy, then they searched the car. My buddy had some weed on him and they found it. He now has a possession charge and has to go to court soon .There was nothing mentioned about my car smelling like weed but my friend said one of the officers said something to him when he got out of the car and they never even brought the dogs out. Did they search us illegally?

2. not sure about your question answer but next time they search put a Safe in your trunk and lock the goods in it. ive always wondered what the pigs would do if they found a locked safe in the car.

3. If indeed it went down as you stated, it was an illegal search. Time for a free consult with a lawyer. Let us know the end results. Good Luck. :smoke:

4. Did you consent to a search?

Sounds like you didn't but you should have not gotten out when asked to.
    Did you lock the car and close the door and window when you got out?

5. [quote name='"Kupkake"']Did you consent to a search?

Sounds like you didn't but you should have not gotten out when asked to.
    Did you lock the car and close the door and window when you got out?[/quote]

"I told her flat out, i do not consent search" op time to get a good lawyer. If it happened like you said it happened it should be a open and shut case. What exactly were YOU charged with.

6. There is not a detail left out, that's exactly how everything went down and I'm going to get out when an officer tells me to, also I did not close the door when I got out but that is because they started searching me before I could. Also I was not charged with anything and was free to leave after they arrested my friend, that was probably the saddest ride home ever.

7. Next time put your hand on the edge of the door as you get out, only way to stop you from closing the door is stopping the door mid swing. Search definitely does not sound kosher. Best of luck to your buddy.

8. lol u lose cops win simple as that now on the other hand if ur friend didnt get charged with possesion u might 0f had a chance, if it were my judge, he would mash on you with a flurry of insults, and tell u how much of a non productive citizen u are, so ya u lose, and so does every1 else

9. You shouldn't have told her about that possession charge, ya dip

10. [quote name='"Motoxridah"']You shouldn't have told her about that possession charge, ya dip[/quote]

It was already on his record...they saw it as soon as they pulled up his name and license number.

11. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

ACLU CITIZENS GUIDE TO SURVIVING POLICE ENCOUNTERS

12. He didn't get charged for the possession. There's no way the police could see anything to do with his arrest. Ya dip...

13. Like everyone else was saying, sounds like a open n close case. Should be thrown out. Had a friend have a few charges dropped for illegal search

14. #14 Saul Goodman, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2012

In a world where the only punctuation usable is the comma.
    One man finds the courage to create a wall of text, unbroken, not separated.

Underaged and Undereducated

comming soon...

0 tolerance for disrespect..
    If you have to insult..just dont post..
    English teachers do not do well amongst stoners..
    ~YODA

15. #15 fatcat, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012
    ^ faggot bitch

Name calling is not allowed here. Mat369

16. I don't normally promote the use of the word faggot, but you pulled it off nicely.

17. [quote name='"Saul Goodman"']

In a world where the only punctuation usable is the comma.
    One man finds the courage to create a wall of text, unbroken, not separated.

Underaged and Undereducated

comming soon...[/quote]

I thought it was funny, no offense to anybody.

But about the illegal search and seizure. I read a story awhile back about a couple driving an RV cross country. They were pulled over for running a stop sign or some shit. Anyway the cop thought they were acting funny so called for back up and had them bring a drug dog. The dog hit on the RV and of course it was then searched. The police found a couple thousand pounds of marijuana they were immediately arrested, blah blah blah. Anyway they walked away scott free because the judge ruled the search as unjust, due to the fact that the dog was unreliable. Something like 70% of all the hits the dog had were false hits and nothing was ever found. Those have got to be some of the luckiest people alive lol.

I guess it's a little off subject but point is there are ways around things. You didn't give consent but were searched anyway without probable cause. Hopefully that will be enough to get your friend out of trouble in court.

18. Did he hit too close to home for you?
    Or is this a second account used for trolling? :smoke:

19. Cops do unjust searches all the time man he's most likely gonna be charged with whatever they found.

20. [quote name='"StickyxLover"']Cops do unjust searches all the time man he's most likely gonna be charged with whatever they found.[/quote]

They do your right, but that is why we need to educate. The main reason they get away with shit like that is because they take advantage of uneducated people who don't know the extent of their rights.