Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Illegal Search and Seizure

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Hello Kitty, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Yesterday I went over to my friends house to smoke. Obvious what we did. Three hours later we're walking to the movies and he says he has to go to back to his house to get the money. I'm sitting in the park and apparently this kid called the cops on us. When he wanted to search me I said no. He cuffed me and patted me down. I had .001 grams on me. And he still put me into his car. They just gave me a ticket, but I still want to know if what he did was illegal.

It's a 100$ ticket in California so I'm going to just pay it unless they want to try and make an example out of me.

2. they can pat you down to make sure you dont have a gun, but cant go any further if they dont find anyting during that. Anything they feel in your pockets in fair game though

3. i never really payed attention in us history class but i think that it IS illegal to search u unless they have some sort of reason to

4. Definitely sounds like illegal search and seizure to me bro, if you go to court you need to fight that shit, otherwise just pay the fine and get it over with, although its bullshit.

5. I forgot to plead the fifth when he was questioning me. He hated me, it was my first time being caught ever for 7 years of smoking.

6. LOL your tryna to say in the most cannibis friendly state in the USA you smoked with a "friend" who 3 hours later called the cops on you for being high in public?

First of all what kinda friend smokes with you and then turns around and snitches for no reason?

2nd what kinda BS were the cops on to rush out there and search you and all that? They have to encounter weed all day everyday out there, it seems weird that they would take it that serious if all your friend said when he called was that yall were smokin 3 hours ago....

I just dont understand how your in this situation in the 1st place to be honest, but just bite the bullet and pay the fine its only 100 bucks, unless you dont have any extra money then I guess try and fight it but if your buddy gave em a reason to think you were carryin somethin then that may equal probable cause for a weapon/drug pat down in which case you dont have a leg to stand on in court.

7. No his friend isn't the one that called the cops on him
    Some kid saw them walkin around high and called the cops on them after his friend left to get money for the movies.

8. probable case can be tricky.. when i was arrested, my friend toughing his pocket gave the cop a legit reason to search us. Police are VERY sneaky. And since they found something, they can pull some shit and say you smelled like pot and werent coperating.

9. Ohhhh ok I was readin that wrong, well in that case what kinda mark ass dude calls the cops over someone bein high? Shits disgustin

10. What? You trying to say people named Mark are disgustin?

;):smoke:

-Mark

11. hahahah I believe so

12. Funny thing was 3 cops showed up, theres almost no crime where I live.

13. you were the crime that night !!!!! some people have nothing better to do with thier time than fuck with people,,,,,:devious:

14. they can pat you down to search for weapons, that's legal, and like said previously, whatever they find during the initial pat-down of the exterior of your clothing is fair game.

you don't need to say "I plead the 5th"...that'd look kind of dumb and like you were guilty (NOT that you can't say that). You just don't need to say anything. If you play it cool and handle yourself fine, it's usually as simple as that and they have nothing to go on. If you're blazed as hell, and if you were when he searched you, then he's in the clear either way.

but that's nice...100 dollar fine...I'd get 6mo.'s pro, classes, piss tests, and fines even for that tiny amount where I'm from...(those are likely results).

15. dude i wouldnt fight it. because you dont want something worse... just pay your dues and get on with it.:smoke:

16. Nah it's called a weapon's check, to make sure you aint packin a gun/knife.

If they feel "contraband", they are then allowed to search you, sounds like he felt the baggie through your pocket.

Thats why ya keep it in your hat/hair, sock/shoes, balls

Better safe than sorry, cops always do weapons checks here in NYC.

17. Are you from AZ? thats how it is here + a week in County.Fuck I hate this State thats why I'm moving back to Long Beach

18. I can't do anything with handcuffs on, I can't even use a weapon.

19. That don't matter, they can still check for it. Im not saying the law is right, im just telling ya thats how it works.

That's why I never keep stuff in pockets / glovebox. Pockets because they can do a weapons check, and glovebox because they will peak as you get your registration / insurance.

20. i'm no legal expert, but it sounds like you should just pay the 100$...if you want to fight it you'll probably need a lawyer, which will cost you more than 100$. that shit sucks though.