Illegal Search and Seizure?

Discussion in 'General' started by BJacks85, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Ok, two things, I didn't know where to put this thread and I also realize that this is the internet and not to rely on peoples' advice. So if I bring a little lockbox into my college dorm room do you think that I will be protected against any searches? I don't plan on showing anyone my little box and I'd keep it in my closet. I've been reading that your dorm is still a private residence and they can only come in for health and wellness checks and to make sure no codes are being broken. I don't plan on smoking in my room.

2. it really depends on the school

3. Depends on their policies and what rights you forfeit by living on campus? Not sure on campus policy for different places, so yeah.

4. A public state college. I'm from OOS.

5. For me to keep weed and alcohol. I have a tight vac container to put inside the box and it doesn't smell at all.

6. if youre really careful you should be fine but im sure circumstances exist where you could be searched and get in trouble.

7. @Op get a lawyer see what options you have available to you,and then go from there.

8. #8 Pie Romania, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2013

BJacks; Unfortunately, things can happen that are just out of our control sometimes and with the way certain laws are written and leniency given to police officers, there's always a chance no matter the precautions you take. Even if you can't smell it, you never know if they bring a dog in, if it will detect it considering their sense of smell is incredibly good.

Zebra: Agreed. It all depends on whether or not BJacks is willing to take a chance (whether it be a large or small one). Odds are that he would be fine if not consuming there, but if you minimize opportunity for you to get caught, your odds will, obviously, improve dramatically.

Edit: Just remember, even if you go through all the precautions to ensure you don't get caught....could you handle the circumstances that come with it if you did get caught for any reason? Make the right decision for you and be safe.

9. If you're in a college dorm, you do not have the right to refuse a search of your room, nor do they have to give you more warning than knocking and asking. The RA acts as the representative for the school, and is allowed to do this.

That being said, chances are next to none of you getting caught without blatantly giving it away. You're not going to be the only person smoking weed in school, and most likely will not be the most obvious.

10. Honestly if you aren't stupid about it I'm sure you'll be fine. 

Get a jar for your weed if you don't keep it in that already.