I'll take any pest besides THRIPS

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by .BMXFU., Sep 7, 2010.

1. I have a thrips problem.. luckily I have only one plant in the room so it's somewhat easy to control. I've just been squishing the thrips whenever I see one and just started doing 30:1 water:dishsoap sprays on and under the leaves.. I've googled thrips and from what I read they're hard to eliminate completely. Seems the only solution is SPINOSAD.. wondering if anyone has used spinosad, and second, how have you eliminated your thrips?

2. Good choice man.

Spinosad is pretty much the most effective organic for eradicating Thrips.

It is great becuz (here we go lol) it is a chemical that is produced by the beneficial soil-dwelling bacterium Saccharopolyspora Spinosa.

It attacks the insect in the larval stage.

For the adults, put up some blue pest strips. Thrips luv blue.

This will work. Follow the label.

Freak
    :smoke:

3. Awesome. Definitely will try to get the blue strips.

4. So I went shopping today and couldn't find any SPINOSAD products.. the store employee said he had another customer asking about it so he tried to get a spinosad product in, but could not find one in Canada. Is it only available in the US? I managed to get some blue pest strips and nematodes in the meantime.. I did buy a insecticide (Scotts BUG B GON), might give that a try too.

5. Did ya try a nursery ??? I get it in Vancouver...

Anywayz. I wuz gonna tell ya about the nematodes. I obviously didnt have to lol.
    I like the fact that u have done some research here man. U will beat them.

+ rep for doin some homework !!!

Freak
    :smoking: