Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

IL: House vote on MMJ bill today.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by boatsndhos024, May 23, 2010.

1. Think somebody said the vote is being held today.

2. is anxiety / panic disorder considered a debilitating disease lol

3. hey the bill status was just updated and this is what it says,

5/28/2010\tHouse\tRule 19(a) / Re-referred to Rules Committee

what does this mean?

4. It isn't so much about a disease, but a debilitating medical condition. So if GAD is your problem and it keeps you from living the life you want and the quality of your life is poor and you know marijuana can help, then the legal and logical argument can be made that you have access to MMJ.

Pretty sure that's how it works. That's how they get around it in Cali I believe.

5. I am gonna be one pissed off stoner if this doesnt pass!!

6. It means the bill was sent to the Rules Committee who will create a new timetable for the Bill to be voted on. This keeps the Bill alive as it is written. There may be a point where a change or rewording is made to improve the Bill. Amending the Bill and sending the Bill to the House or Senate to be voted on.

7. My guess is that they are going to push this back until after November. I really hope I'm wrong though.

8. Please not November...We already went through this cycle once

9. Wow... I'll be so bummed if this doesn't pass/gets moved to November :(

10. I think today also marks one year since the bill first appeared in the house.

They need to hurry the fuck up

11. rsdghadrhadfhad!!!!!!!!!!!
    i wanna know whats going down

12. Same here man lol. But I will not be surprised at all if the fuckers push it back to November.

13. so are we talking another big delay?

14. im guessing so, really fucking tired of these slow politicians

15. dying for more info! :cool:

16. So... I'm guessing it didn't pass?:(

17. it was "re-referred to the rules committee", anybody who knows what that means would be doing us all a favor explaining it. I'm guessing it means it's being pushed around again and won't actually be voted on until November or January. Someone please correct me.

18. #38 morefreedom, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
    You know what if I'm a tax paying American citizen why can't I have the right to use a plant that is not harmful to my health in order to relax and enjoy the fruits of my labor. Why do I have to be debilitatingly sick to use something that is completely harmless while alcohol users can go and drink anytime they want and die after after having a few to many.

It just seems like these medical bills might be going in the wrong direction. They have so many controls/restrictions on them that are unnecessary.

More focus needs to be put on the justification of personal freedom and responsibility instead of arguing the merits of something that is already widely known but chosen to be ignored in order to advance personal/corporate agendas. Just makes me sick.

19. Here's what "Rule 19(a)" states:

(House Rule 19)
    19. Re-Referrals to the Rules Committee.
    (a) All legislative measures that fail to meet the
    applicable deadline established under Rule 9 for reporting to
    the House by a standing committee or a special committee, for
    Third Reading and passage, or for consideration of joint action
    motions and conference committee reports are automatically
    re-referred to the Rules Committee unless: (i) the deadline has
    been suspended or revised by the Speaker, with re-referral to
    the Rules Committee to occur if the bill has not been reported
    to the House in accordance with a revised deadline; or (ii) the
    Rules Committee has issued a written exception to the Clerk
    with respect to a particular bill before the reporting
    deadline, with re-referral to occur, if at all, in accordance
    with the written exception.

http://www.ilga.gov/house/96thHouseRules.pdf

Just search that document for 19.

And no, I don't really know what that means, but I'm guessing it keeps the bill alive as it is right now, and they will vote on it later? :mad:

20. CousCous, nice kane jersey. :smoking: 1-0