Ignore Function, Communicating with Other Members and this Forum

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RMJL, May 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First, I would like to remind everyone that you have access to a great function that will allow you to Ignore other members. I highly suggest many of you take advantage of it. I am sorry that it is not a Block function which would be a much better option but the Ignore function is still quite useful.

The other thing I want to mention is that everyone needs to review the Forum Guidelines. After doing so, if you have a moral compass, I would suggest you review that, as well. I mean no offense but after reading some things recently, it seems that needs to be suggested.

If you are going to play in the Politics forum, you need to be aware that other members may very well disagree with your thoughts and ideas...and probably will. In fact, expect it. It's not an attack, it's just a difference of opinion.

Finally, do NOT bait others in an attempt to get them to break the Forum Guidelines. Some people just can't maintain their composure after being repeatedly baited. Some of you are fully aware of that and continue to bait them in an attempt to have them break their composure and possibly get banned. With that being said, everyone needs to communicate with one another in a manner of mutual respect. Maintain your composure! You can disagree with the thoughts and ideas of others without resorting to attacks on them. That also being said, just because someone points out the obvious, it does not constitute an attack.

This is the Politics forum and it's not all rainbows and sunshine in here. Not even close. However, we still expect everyone to communicate with each other in the most respectful manner possible.

Thanks. :)

...and to quote Chunk:

• Agree Agree x 23
    • Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 6
  2. I posted this in another thread I closed. It's a New Year and certain things will no longer be tolerated.

"Some people need to poke their heads OUT of this section into the rest of the community unless, of course, you aren't a stoner or med user and are only here for poking the bear in the Politics forum. In that case, maybe you should find a political community to join. They don't mind hate speech, anti-this and that, propaganda and general obnoxious hateful behavior. We do mind it and it will not be tolerated. Not this year.

It's 2018 and this community is sick of seeing certain countries and cultures consistently and constantly bashed by people who just really aren't in the place to do so. Bans will ensue before it is tolerated any longer. I would heed my warning.

Good day!"

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Just an FYI...I am not calling anyone a jerk. Nope, not one person. Name-calling isn't allowed here. It just so happens that the word 'jerk' is used in this. You can replace that word with just about anything.

I'm just telling you like it is. We will show you the door, if need be.

25299504_1763803870304460_8327065097685774830_n.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. From now on, rather than continue to do clean up of specific threads due to people not playing nice or not adding any real content to a thread, we'll just ban you from the thread where you are causing the trouble. We do that sometimes already but it will become a regular thing now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I posted this in another thread and feel like I should add it to this one:

"Please stop insulting groups of people by calling them names. We clearly have groups of people here that run on both sides of the political realm. When you insult groups with name-calling on either side, you are insulting members of this community and it's just getting out of hand. That doesn't just go for politics either. We have people here from different cultures and people that are practicing different religions. It's the same thing. Again, it is all getting out of hand."

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. If you want to discuss an article, you can post a quoted excerpt from an article, a link to the article along with YOUR thoughts and opinions on it. Just posting an article to make a thread/post doesn't float.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. The whole thread: Bump!

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 RMJL, Sep 5, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2022

This!!!

Grasscity.com - Forum Guidelines

9. We're seeing too much of this. I just saw a new thread in the Politics forum with this same violation. These threads will no longer remain with just a quoted excerpt and link.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bumping this thread one last time.

Please read the Forum Guidelines again before posting.

Please read the Forum Guidelines again before reporting posts.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.