Ignorant parents

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by passtehbong, Oct 10, 2010.

1. then blaze and dont tell them
    seems like they wont become open minded any time soon

2. I was thinking the same thing while I was reading that. They sound like a bunch of douche-bags...there's no changing people like that. They like being stuck in their ways.

no offense OP :D

3. #23 Samanthamudgirl, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
    DON'T GIVE YOUR PARENTS BROWNIES!

They'd have a reason to call the cops on you. Just think, since they aren't expecting it they most likely would get paranoid. Maybe it worked ok for that 1 guy, what if it backfires for you. You would be invading your parents personal space to the max. I would kick my kids ass.

The Union is stoner biased, there is no two ways to look at it. While I love it as a stoner made document, it wouldn't convince the knowledgeable. If my kids tried to show me this for PROOF, I would laugh in his face.

What you need is non-biased scientists doing studies using the scientific method. Studies are built around being non-biased. What I have for you today are three links of scientific studies on marijuana use and the benefits of marijuana:

Myths and Facts About Marijuana

Marijuana | Drug War Facts

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/525051-granny-storm-crows-mmj-reference-list.html

Print these out and commit as much to memory as you can. Search for and find the best studies that will really hit home with your parents. Print these out and discuss with them. Leave them other studies or news articles on their desk or wherever. Put them in the bathroom for reading material.

I spent 3 years smoking in high school, but quit when I moved in with my grandma and grandpa in a rural area where I thought I would never find weed. I had just given birth to my daughter at 17 and I didn't want to complicate our lives with it especially since I didn't know the long term effects.

Now I am in need of medical marijuana at age 45, and so I researched it to see what the effects were. I didn't believe anything until I saw those studies. I went to college and I know the value of a good study, how it is non biased.

I should have had my card by now, but my doctor is being a dick and not giving me my records which is against the law. I don't wan't to bring the law on him, so I am going to go talk to him. Wish me luck!!! Also my husband won't let me smoke illegally, so I have to wait until I get my card. At least he is for legalization!

Really, try this out. I think it will help those skeptics.

4. tell them that when they give you the statistics that prove this you will quit marijuana, and forever be on the straight and narrow.
    and when they present you with false information, disprove it. with hundreds of pounds of paperwork evidence.
    when they claim that everyone is a stupid pothead, say they are stupid crackheads.
    battle ignorance with ignorance!

nah.
    but really print off the shaffer report and shit. give them shitloads of reports/articles
    all heavily referenced. DO YOUR RESEARCHED. get your works cited.
    if all else fails. simply move on with your life the best you can.
    my mom knows the truth about pot (almost) she still thinks it messes up peoples personality and stuff. but mostly she doesnt want to see me ruin my life by going to jail and getting a record ect. so in order to stop my use she punishes me by calling the cops wtf?! alright now im just ranting but seriously? luckily i dont have to till with that random shit anymore :smoke:

5. #25 Plasma, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2010
    Soo how do they get away winning the arguement?
    Simply explain what the plant is, how it has been used, agree that it shouldn't be used often unless for medical reasons but that their narrow-minded bullshit isn't helping their point of view. Tell them that you use it on occasion and that they probably haven't even noticed the diffrence. If they are so ignorant as to not look at real facts, and think that the government is in it for the people then I would cuss them out and leave. You aren't learning anything new from them anymore and you can move on with your life.

Edit: Do NOT get them stoned, that isn't cool. Well it is, but we don't know your situation perhaps they get drug tested often. If POT makes you SOOO STUPID then all these reference points and facts by people who are idiots are smarter than their stupid ass. Abovetheignorance.com, lots of facts, lots of studies by people who don't sit around and smoke pot all day, they sit around and save peoples lives. They say marijuana has killed 100k people by inhaling, tell them 10 million people died using caffeine and say you are exxagerating the number like they are. You should tell them they aren't saving you from anything, just making themselves look like jackasses.