Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ignorant Parent Quotes.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by qazdawg, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Oh really, I didn't know murder is now a drug.:cool:

2. Gateway to awesomeness and the fridge! :hello:

3. Me neither lol. He was saying because marijuana is just as immoral as murder and gang violence yada yada yada... I was like "dude..pot and murder are not the same" and he replies "look how many people die every year from gang violence all because of pot!? you want that shit legalized?"

4. It might actually get rid of a lot of gang activity related to weed if it is legalized because either 1. people will grow or 2. people will buy from dispensaries. The gangs will have no business so they will sell other drugs.

5. You're a druggie!

You take 4 valium to sleep! stfu

6. haha. I grew up in an area with a lot of Russian-American families. I've always known Russian mothers to be overprotective, and sometimes nuts. What area is your mom from? My parents came here from Vladivostok

7. Buddy your preaching to the choir lol. I told him practically the same thing.

8. "Just because you have all these false sources saying it's not bad doesn't mean shit, look at all the government studies that say otherwise! They have no reason to lie"- mom

"(regarding any drug addict or alcoholic) You know how they got there? Smoking weed in high school!"- mom
    " You're so addicted that you try to defend it and say it's not bad for you and you have it under control, you're going to a chem dep counselor" - mom

My mom was really fun to go through high school with...

9. Yo, Koala, you really should try and get a card. Literally anything will get you medical. Not saying you should dupe the system but if you have a legit medical issue then just say that. Also if you really are scare of not getting the card then say you have hip issues AND depression/anxiety. (you have it cause you can't get medical ;) hahaha)

10. #30 Storm Crow, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
    Ever think of getting yourself a copy of my List? :rolleyes: (see the bottom of my sig!)

"It kills your brain cells and makes you stupid. You're gonna end up being a retard.

Cannabinoids promote embryonic and adult hippocampus neurogenesis and produce anxiolytic- and antidepressant-like effects (full - 2005) JCI - Cannabinoids promote embryonic and adult hippocampus neurogenesis and produce anxiolytic- and antidepressant-like effects

Good News For The Medical Marijuana Movement: Pot Proliferates Brain Cells And Boosts Mood (news - 2005) Good News For The Medical Marijuana Movement: Pot Proliferates Brain Cells And Boosts Mood

Marijuana May Grow Neurons in the Brain (news - 2005)
    Medical News:Marijuana May Grow Neurons in the Brain - in Psychiatry, Anxiety & Stress from MedPage Today

"You're going to get cancer and die so young."

Why doesn’t marijuana cause cancer? (news – 2011)
    [FONT=&quot]Why doesn[/FONT]

Antitumorigenic Effects of Cannabinoids beyond Apoptosis (abst - 2010)
    Antitumorigenic Effects of Cannabinoids beyond Apoptosis

Marijuana Ingredients Slow Invasion by Cervical and Lung Cancer Cells
    [FONT=&quot](news - 2007) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pot Slows Cancer in Test Tube[/FONT]

Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma (full - 2006) http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/318/3/1375.full

"I'd rather have you smoking a ciggarrette then doing that stuff."

Marijuana Smoke Not as Damaging as Tobacco, Says Study (news - 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana Smoke Not as Damaging as Tobacco, Says Study - Yahoo! News[/FONT]

Cancer Risk from Tobacco Greater than Marijuana Smoking, Researcher Says
    (news - 2005)
    http://www.drugfree.org/join-together/drugs/cancer-risk-from-tobacco-than

Some go without a cigarette: characteristics of cannabis users who have never smoked tobacco. (full - 2007) Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med -- Some Go Without a Cigarette: Characteristics of Cannabis Users Who Have Never Smoked Tobacco, November 2007, Suris et al. 161 (11): 1042

"It makes you fat. You don't want to be fat do you?"

Obesity and Cannabis Use: Results From 2 Representative National Surveys
    (abst – 2011)
    Obesity and Cannabis Use: Results From 2 Representative National Surveys

Frequency Of Marijuana Use Associated With Lower Prevalence Of Obesity, Study Says (news – 2011) Frequency Of Marijuana Use Associated With Lower Prevalence Of Obesity, Study Says

Smoking marijuana not linked to obesity: study (news – 2011)
    [FONT=&quot]Smoking marijuana not linked to obesity: study[/FONT]

"You're life is going to be ruined forever"

Swiss Study Finds Marijuana Use Alone May Benefit Some Teens (news - 2007)
    Swiss Study Finds Marijuana Use Alone May Benefit Some Teens, U.S. Doctor Disagrees | Fox News

Are Cigarettes More of a Drag on Teens than Marijuana? (news - 2007)
    Are Cigarettes More of a Drag on Teens than Marijuana?: Scientific American

Cannabis, motivation, and life satisfaction in an internet sample (full - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Cannabis, motivation, and life satisfaction in an internet sample[/FONT]

"You can smoke and drink once you reach the age, but I don't want you ever doing that nasty shit."

[FONT=&quot]Popular intoxicants: what lessons can be learned from the last 40 years of alcohol and cannabis regulation? (abst – 2011) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Popular intoxicants: what lessons can be l... [J Psychopharmacol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI[/FONT]

Report: Marijuana Less Harmful than Alcohol or Tobacco (news - 2008)
    http://www.jointogether.org/news/headlines/inthenews/2008/report-marijuana-less.html

Cannabis reverses brain damage from alcohol (news - 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]http://medicalcannabisawareness.myblogsite.com/entry36.html#body[/FONT]

"So what I drink beer? I'm not doing illegal stuff that's making me STUPID"

High Childhood IQ Linked to Subsequent Illicit Drug Use, Research Suggests
    [FONT=&quot](news – 2011) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]High childhood IQ linked to subsequent illicit drug use, research suggests
    [/FONT]

Pot smoking not tied to middle-age mental decline (news – 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]Pot smoking not tied to middle-age mental decline | MNN - Mother Nature Network[/FONT]

Cannabis Intoxication Does Not Adversely Impact Decision Making
    (news - 2007) Illinois NORML - Cannabis Intoxication Does Not Adversely Impact Decision Making

"You're going to get addicted to this shit"

Merck Manual - Marijuana (Cannabis) (excerpt - 2008)
    http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/sec23/ch352/ch352i.html?qt=marijuana&***=sh

When Your Kid Smokes Pot (news – 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]http://mensnewsdaily.com/2010/08/08/when-your-kid-smokes-pot/[/FONT]

Calling B.S. on the Idea of 'Marijuana Addiction' (news – 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]Calling B.S. on the Idea of 'Marijuana Addiction' | Drugs | AlterNet[/FONT]

"In two years you'll be doing crack." -

Study of 4000 indicates marijuana discourages use of hard drugs. (news – 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]Study of 4000 indicates marijuana discourages use of hard drugs.[/FONT]

Marijuana could be an “exit drug” (news - 2010)
    Marijuana could be an

Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults (news - 2010)
    [FONT=&quot]Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults

I have 670+ pages like that! :eek:

Hope to hear from you soon!

Granny :wave:
    [/FONT]

11. "You'll smoke your eye out"

12. I told my dad it helps kill cancer cells. He replies "it kills everything"

13. Granny always coming in with legit sources :smoke:

14. seriously this puts things in perspective. ughhh my parents are SUPER intelligent beings that have (thankfully) been spared the ignorance.. neither of them would ever say any of these things. hahaha

15. #35 Lovesmyreligion, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
    Not sure if I ever got any stupid quotes from my parents on it, I think the only reason they would get onto me for it is the fact it's illegal and the people it brings you around in a lot of cases. My dads childhood was around alcohol and drugs (actual bad drugs) so I think weed got a bad vibe for his childhood as well seeing the bottom feeder type people who were around it. But I don't let them know I smoke now days when I'm older and have more freedom, my mom's not too strict on it but I just think it's something irrelevant, and something I don't need my siblings getting interested in at their ages and possibly get them around the same type of stuff I was around my teen years. So no need to even bring it up or talk about it, I'll let my turned around path & success speak for itself.

16. Smoking weed = "doing drugs"

17. "My kid smokes dope"

18. "I would prefer you smoking cigs they are healthier" I litterly laughed in my moms face.

19. "I don't want you to get addicted" - Dad, smokes a pack a day and takes a shit load of painkillers :rolleyes:

20. I dont want no white trash pot head as a son