Iffy about a light.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheCannabis, Aug 4, 2004.

1. I have just recently purchased a 100 watt Plant light from the hardwre store, although i know its not the best and there is alot better out there, had anyone used this type of bulb before and what can i expect from it?

2. firstly, you cannot grow a plant with it, you can germinate/clone/lightly vegitate but nothing beyond that. the very least youll need is a 150 watt hps light. but to use the light you must also purchase a ballast for it togather its about a 100$ investment but its worth it you can grow one plant and get alot of weed off it then clone it again and again and again so although your not at your goal yet for a light this was a worthy investment you need a light like this just make sure its in a porcelin socket or it may melt the casing causeing a fire rare but possible, somthing to think bout

3. thanks a bunch man, well all my hopes and dreams are shattered,haha, just gotta go and get a new light then, but untill i get that light this light should do fine with the toddlers i hope :)

4. well there is just one thing i must add to this.

you DO NOT have to buy an HPS to grow with. It is a better light but it is not a requirement.

You can grow just fine using standard flourecent lights.

Go to the hardware store get a $10 4' shop light and put one cool white and one warm white bulb in it. That should get you through most of the growing cycle and you will only be out maybe $50. and it is worth the investment because it is alot cheaper to opperate so there won't be any sudden jumps in your electric bill.

toke on dude.

5. ya but if your gonna buy somthing then why not make it the best it can be? hps is the most adaptable for mid veg and flowering so just use the 100 watter you got now for germing and your set floros wont get u 1-2 oz a plant maby half that this thing i got under a 150 watt already looks like it has about 1 oz of weed (dryed) and its only 3 week flowering another 6 it may have double that

oh yea with all my setup my 3 fans, 150 watt and smaller 75 watt it only puts the bill up about $15-18 bucks. not somthing to worry about some people use 600 watts