If your not being judged then why do people dress up or wear their Sunday best to church?

Discussion in 'General' started by letsmokeasweet, Feb 21, 2016.

1. i guess I was taught growing up that a good christian dosnt judge people so why do they dress up for church?

2. They say they don't judge people and that only 'God does that'..pff

Bunch of bullshit repeated over and over by mostly smug liars - who claim to follow the teachings of Christ, yet live their lives doing the exact opposite. Hateful, blood thirsty, selfish, wanting to trample the rights of others....not exactly how Jesus would've wanted his crew to roll [​IMG]

3. Because it's human nature to judge people and to show off in front of others.

4. Not being an overly religious person, I would be inclined to offer in the whole thing passed down from generation to generation that it was more about 'showing respect' if not to the mannequin pinned to a cross then to the institution itself.

Yeah, I know...still a bunch of bullshit, but some still buy into things like that.

5. I'm not Christian but I think the concept is nice. So many people look disheveled all the time. I think it's nice to look a little better than usual when going to church, if not out of respect.

6. Built on lies.

7. Dressing up in church is by choice Op bcuz the bible preaches come as you are .. therefore do not let insecurities control your mind to a point you think your gettin judged bcuz in the end only god can judge you, ya dig?

8. nc has dead prez

9. Some people just like to look good. I can definitely sympathize with that.

10. i am the opposite. if i feel like i am looking too nice or too clean i like to go outside and rub some dirt on my self. on my hands, my hair and face whatever. wipe off the bulk off and now im not so god dam clean again. that's better!

11. I guess it's under the same facade as the structure, straight down to the corner stone, of what the church itself represents. It misses the point, forgets to read between the lines....

12. That's the problem with religion.... and pretty much any human ideology, really.

Everybody's got their own damn version of the original, their own interpretation. lol

Better just to think for yourself and be open to new ideas, than live by a book.

13. It was started more from a cultural aspect. Most people would work 6 days a week and would only have off on Sunday the sabbath. Church was more of an excuse to not have to wear the same dirty and grungy work clothes you wear 60 some hours of the week in the coal mines or factories or farms etc and to get to wear something nice (probably the only nice outfit you owned)

14. I always look good not just on sundays.

• Like Like x 1
  15. exactly

16. I attend a church where the pastor dresses in levis and a t-shirt. He is a realist. I like that.

17. I heard a story that put on your Sunday best was directed more towards black slaves in the older days. They worked the fields, etc, but their masters gave them one day to go to church and pray so they put on their Sunday best... That's what I heard it originated anyways.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Im still Christian... Just not a catholic like my mom raised me. I stopped going to mass when my mom bitched me out for wearing sandals. I said "mom, jesus wore sandals everywhere." and she replied she didnt give a shit. That pushed me away from all religion til I met Jesus on my own.

orale holmes