If you own an outdoor cat..

Discussion in 'Pets' started by blazingbuds, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Go fuck yourself, you're better off killing humans than killing animals. Such a disgrace

2. I live of 10+ acres where I hunt avidly. I can shoot any stray that is dumb enough to wonder in my property. It has nothing to do with emotion. It is princeable. Control you animal and it would not be a issue. Don't control them, well don't exspect them to come back.

3. Hah... Instead of messing around with nature and killing everything that moves in your yard, get an electric fence. You say the pet owners aren't responsible enough to keep their cat indoors. I say you're irresponsible to secure your own yard from animals where nature is their main home, unlike selfish egoistic humans who live in wooden boxes.

im with this guy here. it takes a lack of guilt there, which is number one pointer of sociopath. myself being one i still wouldnt shoot a cat unless it was obviously diseased and dangerous. it doesnt make any sense to be cruel to the animal, because of the very fact that there would be some very sad neighbors. you lose an entire connection. it would be better to be humane to better manipulate the system
    i also do agree here. there will always be people stuck in their ways and killing animals for fun, so make sure your animals dont get killed

5. I have a cattle fence up but the cat just jumps over it. The fence is more to keep thiefs out from stealing.

6. Add electricity to the solution, and problem fixed. Once the cats touch the electric fence, it will give them a shock and no animals will ever try to come and "sabotage" your "precious plants"(Which btw i think is pretty retarded... you kill animals that cannot rise from the dead since they fuck up your plants while you have an infinite amount of seeds to replant them).

7. My fence is electric. They jump over it

8. I Doubt that. If it's true then make it taller. Cats aren't spider-man you know?

9. You messed up when you classified cats as nature. Not here in the states are they any part of a natural ecosystem. They are an invasive species because irresponsible people let them run wild. Its not the cats fault its yours.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

You are incorrect. Point blank.

11. So is people like you

12. Comparing a population of wild bears to invasive feral cats its ridiculous. I'm not 100% sure but I think germanys wild bears are "brown bears" which number in the thousands, and take many years to reach maturity and breed. Would you care to take a stab at the feral cat population? Brown bears are a very complex and large NATURAL predator that play a vital role in their ecosystem. Cats help destroy ecosystems.

13. Care to elaborate?

14. So what should we do about the feral cat problem, or do you believe there is no problem? I personally believe if the only two ways is to trap and get put down or being shot with a high caliber rifle. I would have to say the rifle is the most humane way, the cat won't ever hear the boom or you could take the other option of get trapped and scaring the shit out of the cat for the next few weeks and being locked in a cage, just to be handled and given a shot while the cats freaking the fuck out, I think that's inhumane.

Cats are a part of many natural ecosystems, especially here in the states. Anywhere there are other feline species, a domestic cat is not an invasive thing.

16. lol so what you are saying, is that cats are like sharks ready to strike you at any moment? I don't get it, why would you want to kill something so small and sweet that can eventually become your friend? Just because he messed around with your freakin colas? da fuck man, since when did cannabis become more important than animals? I bet you would kill your own son if he messed up your plants huh? Some people these days are so hooked into the system

17. Sorry but humans help destroy the ecosystem, just as people like you. Killing innocent harmless little fellows that ARE part of the ecosystem, is resulting in harming the ecosystem itself.

18. To be honest, if it weren't for my cat, the frog and fish population in my pond would be out of control and become a problem.

19. #79 lazytoker, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2013

Dude what are cats going to do to your plants? If anything they will kill other little pests from messing with your plants... But idk, serious question. I've never had a problem with cats eating my plants

20. Bobcats and mt lions are two whole different species which are NATIVE to the USA. They are also avery different species than house cats, same family different species and in no way are they native to our land, they're an invasive, point blank.