If you live in NJ read this!!!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by turn_baby, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Hey,
    whats up everybody? This is regarding the upcoming governor election. if you would like to have mmj be legalized in jersey then vote independent. I believe the candidate is daggett.

thanks and have a good one:smoking:

2. Got something you can share on that? I wrote an email to his campaign HQ twice and they never got back to me.

Here's how I see it play out
    Christie - We'll never see any progress, former US Attorney. (Latest Memo won't help)
    Corzine - He'll sign it, but he's about as good making a decision as our president.
    Daggett - The great unknown. I like what he as to say on some things. I'd love to hear his position on cannabis.

3. I think that daggett is the best option regardless of his mmj stance. Im pretty sure he fully supports it though.

4. Actually if you really want MMJ legalized, you should vote for Corzine. Daggett wont win. Christie is against it and Corzine is for it. They are incredibly close in the polls so voting for Corzine instead of voting for neither of them will do more good if all you're voting for is MMJ. If you like Daggett's overall views better than the other two, then vote for him to show your support, but don't vote for him to get MMJ legalized.

5. I found this from the debates.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNp-ISQD0lE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - New Jersey Governor Candidates on medical marijuana[/ame]

WTF, cannabis is great for headaches! The NJ bill is one of the toughest proposed bills out there. Discuss.

6. ^Absolutely right. Who is the government that should be telling us what medicine we are allowed to use for certain ailments? If marijuana relieves my headache, I should be allowed to use it for that. How does fucking Chris Christie know that marijuana doesn't relieve my headaches?

7. My father got a chance to speak with Daggett. My pops is pretty libertarian, he hates Corzine, and borderline hates Christie. I don't know the details of their conversation Daggett sold him.

I'd like to find out more about this guy.

8. The thing about libertarian party is that hey basicly believe that its every man for himself and no government oversight on almost anything. So everything is legal.

That sounds nice in theory, but lack of govenment regulation is how we ended up with the banks holding us by the balls demanding billions of bail out money or they would bring the whole country down with them in a total economic collapse. Libertarians consider medicare, unemployment, welfair, and food stamps as things they want to get rid of compleatly.

Ask your dad if he believes in a wellfair sate and taking care of the poor. After he says no, then ask if he will walk the walk and not talk the talk and REGECT his social security check when he turns 65. (FYI ... thats also welfair because its redistribution of welth through taxes.)

Chances are if you get to that point without his head exploding, he will make some remark about how he alrady paid into it. But bottom line, if he cant set an example to live up to his own philosophy, then he is sending a message that he really has no faith in his own party.

A man is judged not by his words, but by his actions........maybe he will surprise you....or not.

9. But is this not the capitalist views that our country was founded on? Those banks should have been allowed to fail. They made fuckups, they should go down for it. Thats capitalism. Should our government be supporting us or should we be supporting ourselves?

10. LOL. Sounds nice in theory? Don't let the progressives fool you into thinking we have to keep evolving our system of politics or we'll never get it right. I don't think my dad would ever reject his SS being that he's owned a construction business from the time he was about 30 and provided for my family on his own and built our house with his hands. Why would he reject free money? How are you even comparing welFARE and social security?

I hope your opinion of welfare has nothing to do with the way you spelled it.