Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If You Live In California...You Need To See This

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TheBlackPope, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Woa. I met this hippy about a week ago. Total chill guy. I ask to buy some Chron from his ass and he tells me that he only sells to people w/ medicle acceptance (or some shit.) I'm like what??? He's like here dude call this number, set up an apointment w/ this docter, tell him some shit about a disease, and for a hundread dollers..you can legally smoke weed in Californ-i-a.

I thought he was bullshiting me and I thought he was a crazy mother, so I googled the number and read a bunch of shit..

Its all legal. It works. You just have to lie.

Under Prop 215 or some shit, and 420 (what a coincidence..) Californ-i-ans w/ a ID proving they need The Magical Herb for "medicle use" (lol) can legally smoke weed!! As long as your not w/in 1000ft of a school or YMCA/boys n girls club, ur fresh and clean.

If you smoked way too much weed in your life, or are just plain fucking retarded, this means you can smoke a big fatty in public...legally.

Tell me you don't want this.. IM/email me for more info.

2. You shouldn't abuse the medical marijuana program. There are people out there who really do need it to help with their pain. Abusing the system ruins it for everyone, and gives real medical users a bad rap.

3. I also forgot to mention, you can grow 6 or more (depending on you city) marijuana plants at a time???

Email me for the information.

Yes I know it is bad to "abuse" the medical program. But is it really "abusing" it? Marijuana should be legal for everyone, and we all know that. I'm simply doing something about it. The docter I know is a fake, so it's not like anything can happen..

4. Ever hear of medical fraud?

~~Karma~~ catches up to all of us. I wouldn't want that negative balance, but it's your choice.

5. shit..... i agree with toker and you pope i mean it is abusin' it but alos i mean "we" wanna smoke without cops messin' it up and stuff...... this is why m.j. should be legal for everyone

6. Alright, first I'd like to say that I agree with IndianaToker. Abuse of the medical marijuana laws is a step backwards for full legalization. Haven't you ever read an article saying that medical marijuana is only a tactic used to promote full legalization? Well, it isn't. But that's how you're trying to use it. You're abusing the system that people are working hard to create. Cheating the law is no way to help full legalization happen.

Anyway, I'll try to help you with some of the details.

Proposition 215 was just that. A proposition that was voted on and approved by the voters of California. When that was passed, California Senate Bill 420 was passed and signed by the governor. This bill added Section 2.5 to Chapter 6 (Offenses & Penalties) of Division 10 (Uniform Controlled Substances Act) of the California Health and Safety Code. Section 2.5 contains section 11362.7-11362.83.

You can find the full text of section 11362.7-11362.83 here:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate?WAISdocID=44173822661+1+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve

Wrong. If you click on the link I gave, you can read the full text of the law. You'll find this:

No person or designated primary caregiver in possession of a valid identification card shall be subject to arrest for possession, transportation, delivery, or cultivation of medical marijuana in an amount established pursuant to this article, unless there is reasonable cause to believe that the information contained in the card is false or falsified, the card has been obtained by means of fraud, or the person is otherwise in violation of the provisions of this article.

That means that liars are NOT protected by this law. You're still breaking the same marijuana laws you were breaking before, but most people don't know that until you tell them you aren't really a qualified patient. You're only hiding behind this law; you're not truly protected by it.

Now, I was ready to tell you that this is definitely incorrect, but I'm no longer sure. The text of the law doesn't really make sense to me, maybe someone else can explain. It says:

11362.765. (a) Subject to the requirements of this article, the individuals specified in subdivision (b) shall not be subject, on that sole basis, to criminal liability under Section 11357, 11358, 11359, 11360, 11366, 11366.5, or 11570. However, nothing in this section shall authorize the individual to smoke or otherwise consume marijuana unless otherwise authorized by this article.

Does that make any sense to anyone? Were they drunk when they wrote this law?

11362.77. (a) A qualified patient or primary caregiver may possess no more than eight ounces of dried marijuana per qualified patient. In addition, a qualified patient or primary caregiver may also maintain no more than six mature or 12 immature marijuana plants per qualified patient.

That part at least is fairly straightforward.

7. Yah, my aunt has this license. She has really bad headaches and it helps her ease the pain on them. But you cannot smoke in public, its supposed to be in your own home, and you need to have fences over your plants. Also, its still ILLEGAL by Federal Law, but not by state law. Which the government isnt going to come after all those people if they arent causing trouble.

8. Different counties have different specific laws on this, and it varys from "if you have cancer you can smoke a joint in the privacy of your own home" to "if you have $140, you can buy yourself a I-can-smoke-anywhere-anytime card." While it's not good to screw the system, stress is actually a perfectly good reason to have a prescription. The way the law is worded, you don't have to have a specific disease or syndrome. You can get a precritpion for any ailment that it cures. And I don't know about you guys, but I sure use it for stress. I don't have a prescription, though.

9. i was gonna post on this... but i think everything i was gonna say was pretty much handeled by toker and feanor now that i think about it...

well done

and toker, like the avatar

10. Maybe we're doing it wrong out here in California, I don't know. But the law and the current medical marijuana system here IS all about full legalization. Hate to break it to you but there are already several tens of thousands of patients in the oakland co-op alone. Outlets are popping up all over, I just went to a new one yesterday. It's like a whole other country out here now.

Medical Fraud? Pfft.... The beautiful thing about this is that you don't need to feel the slightest bit guilty, the law says "any illness for which medical marijuana offers relief". That means anything, including stress or depression or chronic pain from a snowboarding accident or a bad back or ANYTHING. Don't lie... just think for a second. What ails ya?

Not only are you complying with the law and keeping our courts unclogged (hello immunity) if you get your recommend, you are also the life's blood of the medical cannabis outlets, which even the neediest of patients with cancer or AIDS needs to be prosperous and successful. From what I've seen, most patients are not on death's door, but at least those who are now have access to good fresh medicine.

This sort of thing happens with laws all the time. The text of that law is what it is, Congressmen voted on it just like it is... and until they change it, that's what it means, despite what we might have thought it meant all this time. Any illness. I paid my 125, got my card. Now I get my medicine from the store. Any of dozens in my area.

www.medicann.com

11. yeah indianatoker is right about this. you want mj legal and i dont think that fraud and stuff is going to help maryjane get leaglized,sir.:smoke:

12. while i'm not even sure if i believe in the whole karma thing, i dont necesarily think its RIGHT to do this unless you seriously have an illness/problem that weed can help eaze the pain. that is, what the programs is designed for..... HOWEVER, that doesnt mean i wouldnt do it, my love for budda is too great to let something like that pass me by, and if i lived in cali, i would sure as hell do it.
    theres a big difference between knowing whats right and wrong, and then doing, and as sad as it is, i would have to take advantage of this perticular situation.
    im jus tellin it like it is

13. I DO need a prescription for Medicinal Smoke.

After 13 years post spinal cord injury I am in daily pain and unable to funtion without massive doses of Lortab paill killers and or lethal doses of Ibuprophen.

All my Doctors over the last 12 years concur that I WILL die from liver damage due to massive pain killer and ibuprophen use.

Max dose of ibuprophen anyone should take is 2400 mllligrams a day....That is the least amount I take per day. 1800 milligrams is usually my 6 am dose. By 8 am I can move well enough to get dressed.

I was told 2 years ago to NEVER take lortabs again.

Smoking helps me to become limber enough to move, relieves the pain, and lets me sleep for more then 2-3 hours at a time.

I got all the paperwork for getting a Legal growers card from the state of Nevada. (laws are real close to california). I would be able to grow up to 7 plants 3 adult 4 young at a time and posses an once of useable smoke.

The ONLY problem is No Real doctor would commit their name to any paperwork.

I have learned that this is the major problem with all med pot programs.

You can PAY some flim flam man up to 500 bucks.. and get a lie on paper.

You have to re up the card every year.....that adds up to big bucks.

Most people like me are on disablility and cannot pay some jerk anything....not to mention being scared to death that SSD would cut my benefits if I get a card...they ARE feds ya know.....they live by fed law....not state laws.

So my options are.... 1) be a criminal, be pain free, and able to sleep. 2) Go hungry and try to pay my way in. (which I should not have to do) or 3) continue to take ibuprophen by the buckets and DIE.....at least ten years before my time.

I know nobody cares....... lets all hope we see at least more decriminalization in our lifetime.

14. Karma works in mysterious ways, I would rather smoke in peace of my own house then pay illegal to obtain a license. While I do have one big problem(insomnia) and if my doctor does not refer me to a marijuana medical licensee then so be it. I would rather wait until im 99 to smoke freely then to have bad karma within myself. I have several experiences where karma has tried to bring me down. I dont really have a religion, but I DO believe that karma works!

15. I am a 99.9 percent law abidin person....I also feel that I'd rather huddle in my lil house in "my dirty lil basement". Instead of getting myself on some "list" of cheaters or ones to watch.. If that means Im a criminal then Im guilty.....I sleep well at nite knowing Im not doing anything Im ashamed of or need to be "helped" into stopping.

I would like to do it the right way....but alas.....livn in America.....lol.....Its worth the trade off vesus livin anywhere else.

16. attention: TheBlackPope,
    i would greatly appreciate any information on how to get a Rx from a doctor, for marijuana. my mother has terminal cancer and lives in california. she is on hospice care, and hospice care doesnt prolong life. they are only there to make her comfortable. marijuana is considered a life prolonging medication, so they wont perscribe it. please give me any information you can. thank you & god bless
    please email me info

17. Man i think that this law is just a Government trap to catch all the stoners in the act of growing enough bud to lock them up for a while you guys have fun but im not going to put my name on no god damb government list screw that im gonna smoke any way

18. :D i need help with my aniexty:hello: could anyone please help with how i can obtain a medical card to purchase weed, please?:eek:

19. *year old thread*

would have been better off making a new thread. the subject of this one had strayed.

20. go here very reputable for cases such as yours to find a solution. http://accsocal.com/patients.php