If you had to lose one sense?

Discussion in 'General' started by Blix, Dec 29, 2003.

?

Which would you pick to lose

1. Hearing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sight

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Smell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Taste

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Touch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. if u lost ur sense of smell u would lose most of your taste as well. try it plug ur nose and eat something. i did it all the time as a kid with veggies

2. Something tells me you had that Krusty Crab Pussy.

3. Damn this is an old thread, I didn't even realize it until I saw negligent had posted.

I voted for smell, but then I read this:

And I thought it made a lot of sense.

So I don't know, smell or taste - both of which I already know what it's like not to have being a cigarette smoker (hopefully ex-cigarette smoker, going on a full week).

All of my other senses are too precious to give up.

4. Damn dude, I just noticed it too. This thread was chillin for 5 years lol.

I would probably chose taste as well, for the same reasons.

5. Why do people bring these old ass threads back lol?

6. i choose smell, only because i already have lost alot of that ability (trauma) of all the senses it is the one that i feel is the easiset to get over loosing, i cant smell the roses :-(, unless i am right on em, smell for me is very blunted, so its got to be strong or pervasive for me to notice, but on the bright side, i cant smell others gasses, lol. although i can still smell smoke since it is a strong smell. but peoples perfumes etc, dont know about them, cant tell.

7. yes, if you lost all smell you would only be able to have blunted tastes sweet/sour/salty/bitter/msg

8. I know I am in a SMALL minority but I could go without hearing. I play all video games muted and even though I do enjoy music I could live without it. Also, most noises (including a lot of people's voices) annoy the shit out of me. However I would speak sign language with an accent since I only have 7 fingers.

9. smell is the most worthless, you can still mostly taste without smell, and sure there's nice smelling things, but there's way more bad smelling shit out there.

10. Whoever the two people were who picked sight obviously werent taking this thread seriously, I chose smell. but damn, this thread is old and here I am keeping it alive.

11. summin like 95 percent of taste comes from smell so depends how serious we are getting, if it meant not losing taste at all then id pick smell but pointless picking smell if it means losing all taste too.

*good test is to eat an apple and a potato while holding nose, you cant tel difference at all as texture is so similar.

12. I'd rather lose taste considering taste has 90% to do with your nose. If you could still smell stuff, you could still taste things to a certain degree. So yea, I would lose taste(just smell things before you eat them then you only lose out on eating but you don't need taste to climb a mountain). chemoreceptors ftw

edit: nvm I can see I was beat to the punch ^ :p

13. Taste,, most of the food we eat is all luxury anyways..

14. Hearing for sure. My 2 year old has the lungs of an opera singer and my 5 year old loves to talk constantly, so yeah hearing would not be missed.