If you got drafted...

Discussion in 'General' started by bkadoctaj, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Not really, no, unless they classified Pacifism as a Mental Disorder at any point during the draft.

They would just put you on the front lines with a big red X on your jacket. Probably what they would do for me too, but I'm too tall to be stealthy.

:p

2. Last and only male in my family

so no war for me

3. I'd go into hiding and become a '60s-style protest singer

"I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
    I don't want a gun or to play in the sand"

4. exactly. i'll be damned if i risk my life fighting for a bullshit reason for this corrupt ass government....over my dead fuckin body

5. I'd get in that elevator, turn that gun on everyone, and pilot my way to fucking Canada.

6. I probably couldn't be drafted though since I've got a few health issues. I'm female too, so unless they start drafting women..

I think it's bullshit that the government can interfere in our 'freedom' to make us go and fight THEIR war. It's absolute blasphemy to me.

7. move to canada!

dual-citizenship bitches!!!

8. Most countries that you gain dual citizenship with still require that you register with US Selective Service as a US Citizen, so I'm nearly sure that you would still need to answer the call to arms should you receive it.

About the only way you would escape that is with full citizenship, and even in a country with lax laws regarding it, that can take up to five years. Usually more.

9. fight and die if i had to. There is no greater death then to die fighting for your country. Your an instant hero. im not in the Army but if i got drafted id be the first person there. Ive always felt that when your country calls you have to answer not run like a bitch.

but bein in the army sucks big time. i havent read anyother posts but im sure there are some like mine.:)

10. One in a hundred, really.

Most of the people who are similarly minded are from Canada!

:p

11. The war is going to happen regardless of what I do, might as well pick a side. Might as well pick the best side.

12. Oh yeah and I have a Felony, so no war for me.
    No Jury duty either. haha.

13. if they REALLY needed people im sure nonviolent Felonys whould not matter. I know alot of Nam vets and they had a choice prison or nam. Unless u did some really bad shit to a person and went to prison for it. you still chould be picked. As the need for troops goes up your felony doesnt matter. It happened 50years ago it will happen again.

14. When they need people, they don't care if you have one leg or no legs.

15. Yeah well I am also the last male in the fam to carry on the name. Plus, being 30 years old, they wouldn't want me anyways. I'm an old ass man.

16. Which brings up a good question. What IS the "cut off age" in the U.S., 26? Anybody know? Do they start at 26 and work their way down? If so then I change my vote...

17. i would look at it as a sign as something and go with it.

18. It all depends on what I would be doing. If I was any kind of infantry, I would get out of it any way possible, unless I was a sniper/scouter. If I would be behing the scenes, pushing buttons that launch rockets, repairing vehicles and/or computers, massaging the generals feet, w/e, I would do my duty.

19. The first thing I thought when I read the title of this thread was "NFL" or "NBA" not "WAR"

20. I'd go look for the 2.5 tons of bud that was "destroyed" in iraq