if you caught your kids

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeo, Dec 15, 2010.

1. would you let them smoke, after age 16 anyways? i kind of feel like for me it was an important part of growing up and being my own person having something my parents didnt know about, defying authority, learning how to be sneaky. I think that after they turn 16, if my kids smoke i would make it difficult for them but never really try to bust them so they could get that experience. before is too early i think, and after 18 id light up with my kids
    btw im 18 and my parents recently found out i smoke, they tolerate it but dont like it. my dad calls me "smokey the art student" which is bullshit cause he smokes too, and he knows that i know. he keeps saying hes disappointed

2. yeah i would. only reason parents arent usually accepting of their kids blazing is because they're ignorant or dont know the benefits of weed..

it should be a mandatory course in high school or something to watch The Union. If you're completely against weed, watch the Union and you'll pack a bowl after, lol. i think if i ever get confronted by my rents, i would show them that movie..

3. We only live one life. 16 is old enough to smoke weed, and smoking and is exactly to me as it was to you.
    Dont plan on sheltering future kids from the real world, gonna let them grow up and be themselves

4. i probably will be very tolerant and turn a blind eye. it would probably be weird to see them doing it though, but idk i am not there yet in my life

5. I turned a blind eye to my daughter at 15. Young I know, but shit was complicated, especially since she had been doing hard drugs and now she was only smoking weed, and she had just run away from a foster home after running away from us a couple of times and abusing us and her little brothers.

6. 17+ and no hard drugs and gotta be doing well in school with a good attitude and respect.

also, if i catch them ( they arent being cautious enough ) my 2 cents

7. As long as they do things responsibly after 16, then I wouldn't really mind. I was high 100% of the time for my last 2 years of high school, and I graduated with straight A's, so if they can keep up with work, and not fuck up, then yeah, it's all gravy baby.:cool:

8. I like this. But I'd go 16+

When my two boys are old enough, I'll have the "talk". But right now I cant wait for some D.A.R.E propaganda to make it into my house so I can tear into it and send it back to school with them. None so far.:devious:

9. Anything under 16 I wouldn't allow unless they were into hard drugs (for some reason), in which case I would allow it as long as they promise not to use those other drugs.

Good grades are a must, I want to see at least a 3.0, and respect.

10. right on Ape,

my reason i want it 17, is because at 16 they just start driving. I dont want them getting that awesome privilege at that age and being allowed to blaze. Thats asking for trouble. And as a parent and you allow your child to break the law; their going to come to you for the court costs and such.

Id rather have them be better experienced drivers and another year of maturity under their belt.

11. i wouldnt let me kid smoke while still in school.

Those "cool parents" are usually a bunch of losers in society standards.

12. Who gives a shit what "society" thinks. Most of society are a bunch of brainless sheep who cant think for themselves.

They have become completely dependent on our crooked gov., McDonalds and pharmaceutical companies. I need them to tell me how to live my life or raise my kids? Fuck that. Most times I'll do the opposite of whats expected.

I'll do what I think is right based on my own life experiences. Nothing comes before me and mine.

13. I would probably tell him or her to not do it in the house, then turn a blind eye. But, if grades start to slip, or the kid gets arrested, I will swing the hammer. Hard.

14. True this - But Id give a choice at 16, licence or buds.

15. 17+
    got to be getting good grades
    and a job to buy all their own weed

then maybe i'd let em smoke...

16. Depends on their age...

16 < = Watching them, grounding them, etc

16 -18 = If I catch them, smell it on my house, etc taking their stash, grounding, etc (depending on the situation ie. cops coming vs smelling it)

18 - 21 = You're 18, don't get caught and if I'm paying for something it better be done right (ie school, etc) but if it's your responsibility that you're paying for, etc do whatever you want, you're 18 lol.

21+ = Want to toke up with pops? (just as long as their life is on track)

Also when I raise my kid I won't be telling him / her that weed is evil if they ask. I'll simply tell them that it's an illegal drug and he / she shouldn't do it until you're an adult, like drinking. (longer and more detailed obviously but you get the point).

17. If they were under eighteen, i'd do my best to keep them from smoking. Eighteen and up is fine with me if they are smart about it and their report cards show all A's. Hell, once their outta college, i might even smoke with them every so often.

18. anybody else feel like hiding it was a valuable part of growing up?

19. It was kind of a thrill, but I'm not sure I would call it valuable.

20. Provided that he/she's grades are good, personal life is fine, and is a normal, healthy human being in general, I know a good blunt to smoke together is what I'm getting for he's 16th or 18th birthday present, and he won't be able to refuse it.

Having grown up Korean, I never understood why American parents have such a difficult time understanding that kids will drink when they grow up. In the old country, it's usually the fathers who take personal responsibility in teaching the kids how to drink properly and safely, which I find to be the reason why we have a lot less tumultuous people being let off by alcohol to do dumb shit. I see marijuana in the same context; my kids are going to do it, and since they are, they might as well as learn it from their father.