if when we die we really go to heaven

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by smokeypokey123, Sep 23, 2009.

1. #21 ΦGypsyEyesΦ, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2009
    QFT. Heaven and hell is all what you make it out to be. Isn't that amazing? They can see "god", they can be in a waiting room - but it is just what they feel about the actions they perceeded with in their lifetime. The experiences they accounted and took part, and didn;t, The choices they made, Everything.

But I'm not going to sit here and act all truthful and say that's what happens[like religions]. I am however going to say that, that^, is alot more logical then a talking snake, a boat full of animals[the minimal amount of animals it takes to create - of each kind], a man that sits above us, in human form, and watches our every move [sounds like santa claus delivering presents on Christmas], etc.

DMT could be an afterlife, but DMT effects would stop eventually, so then what? Peaceful sleep?... who knows.

If main religions god is true, such as the Christian god, like stated above, I would much rather be in company of people who share similar beliefs as me, and aren't arrogant, killing, hypocritical, assholes, and serve his worst enemy[but in reality, wouldn't giving us over to Satan just make him[Satan] more happy? - I don't believe enemies pleasure each other].

2. No celestial dictatorship would not be amazing.

3. did yall know they have a shot for herion overdose. people who die with a needle stuck in there arm get a second shot at life. research it if you arnt familiar. but on topic as far as heaven. there is no heaven well hold up let me justify this for you ignorant people out there. when you die you go wherever you believe in so if you are a christian you go wherever a christian goes. you die a muslim you go wherever muslims go you get my drift. so everybody goes somewhere different.

get high and read a book

4. The spirit is a matter for debate but it's a well-established scientific fact that the human body doesn't die all at once. The brain can last for a little while even after the heart's stopped beating.

5. i don't know if this counts, but i had a dream not long ago that i was in a car crash and could see it coming and had a few seconds to realize, well this is it im gonna die and that's ok.
    and then my car collided with an explosion like a nuclear bomb and i died, it was like a smooth transition of my conscious mind lifting out of my body and going upwards into a place of bright light, weightlessness and calm. it felt sooo good to be dead and i remember thinking "this isn't so bad, why are people so afraid of death!?, its nice"

6. now thats some heavy shit bro. this is how I think death will be like..I mean, once your dead, you know there is nothing to worry about anymore, every problem/stress you had while living is now gone...that or I think reincarnation back to human would be cool. like die, then immediately be reborn and not know it. that would be cool.

7. i had a dream where I got blasted in the head and death was strange.

at first i felt very weird everything was black and there was a buzzing noise and I felt very calm. i liked the feeling and all of a sudden I was in a huge meadow and I was feeling so good. like i took mad ecstasy

8. I think the thing people forget is that the original religious ideas are all based on logic and science. It's modern religious practice that has made religion seem like something "stupid" to believe in. It's extremely likely that this life isn't the end, and it's extremely likely the "big bang" wasn't as spontaneous as some people might like to think.

Take Ketamine and you'll see heaven.

9. For the past couple weeks I have struggled...TRULY struggled with the notion of aging, dying, change...the meaning of life etc. I know that those things seem cliche...as everyone asks "what is the meaning of life?" But, it has been every bit real to me. With these thoughts, I have experienced terrible anxieties and even depression. I have felt a lot better, but still have days where these thoughts come in to my head and don't leave. I have lived most of my life questioning the idea of God and in the last few years even denouncing the idea of God...

I think there comes a point in most peoples lives...where these questions become very REAL. And the fact that they are un-answerable in our realm (although many intellects would disagree with me) makes these thoughts/questions very scary. This will be a long post...but this is what I have come out with...out of my hell of the last 2 weeks in which these thoughts consumed me:

IDEA 1: Life could be totally meaningless....it just IS..we procreate and die, no reasons.
    This seems to simple..and really leaves more questions. Many people say the notion of God and afterlife are just intellectual means of coping with death..this could be true. What if it is not? What if God does exist?

IDEA 2: God does exist and each of us are a very small piece of a much larger expansion. There is a TON to go over in order to explain this notion, I will try my best. I always rely on the idea that I am NOT God. In fact, I'm pretty sure none of you guys are God. We live in a 4th dimensional realm so to speak...and in this realm we have free will. This free will though...has limitations, this is obvious in day to day life. We cannot control things such as aging and we cannot control death. We can't control whether or not our loved ones will day at some point. So although every day we wake up and have many choices available to us (and it is satisfying) we really have no control.

In that respect, if God does exist and God did create us..we are not God and therefore have limitations to our power. So what does freewill really mean? How can we be judged if we really don't have full power..therefore wouldn't have true freewill? We are judged by our WANTS. Wanting is the only thing we as people have TOTAL control over. We may not get what we want...but we can always choose our wants. All of us have the power of freewill in terms of our wants.

The problem with me and many others whom I have read in this thread and read in many other texts...is that..humans try to interpret things based on logic. Logic is only a memory of history and nothing more. Logic is therefore flawed. Since logic is only a memory of history, any change in history could therefore skew the logic. This is proven in String Theory:

EX. I have a light turned on in my room. What is the logical reason this light is on in my room? Because I turned it on? Because I moved in to this house? Because I purchased this lamp?

Any change in the course of history could have changed whether or not there would be a light turned on in this room at this point in time. What if Ben Franklin was sick the day he would have discovered electricity...surely someone would have figured it out, or maybe not? ...

The point is, like I said, logic is just a memory of history. I know that when I turn the key in my car..the car should therefore turn on since it has been proven. But the paradox above shows the limit of logic.

Now on to the idea of a QUALITY and why they can't be explained in logical, worldly terms. If I were to ask you what chocolate tastes like? or What does the color blue look like? You could try to explain it, but really you would only name other qualities to explain it and I would then ask you the same question for each (i.e Chocolate is sweet, but explain sweet). The same goes for love. Love is a quality and can only be experienced and not explained. Like love, perhaps God is a quality and can only be experienced and not explained. Now where the notion of qualities, including love, God and then the notion of controlling out wants come together:

If God exists, and created us, he must truly care about our wants...when I want to move my eyes, they are moved, when I want to move my hands they are moved etc. The only way to love someone or something is to want to love someone or something. Truly say to yourself either outloud or in your head.."God I want to love you, but I don't know how, please show me." Convince yourself of it. Focus on it when you say it..say it more than once if you have to...much like tasting chocolate and not being able to explain it it words, you will experience something you can't discern in words, you will experience a new quality.

Religion is convoluted by those who try to interpret it in worldy terms. Religion is not about God loving us it should be about Loving God. I would neve push these views on anyone else and tell them that this is how they should live their lives...I can only offer you my truth...something I have come to terms with and experienced after a period of my life of extremely deep introspection, anxiety, and even depression.

10. #30 JmJ, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2009

I get what you are saying here. But, one thing to think about. If you are reincarnated, and you did not know it, logically you would be someone else with a blank or different memory. But it would not be yours, so how can one transition into this sense?

Just like when you die. If when you die, you go into nothing, how can one imagine this? Can anyone think beyond their self being no where with no body, mind, conciousness just like sleeping when you think you dreamt nothing.. I do not think our human minds are capable of believing we go no where and when we go through with it, in the end, there is nothing we can do.

I am puzzled.

I say take a whole lot of acid before you die, that would be worth it, even though we would never remember the trip but for that moment. Hell it might even inspire you to make yourself live a few minutes longer just to enjoy :D