Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If weed was legal, the price would still be high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tribar, Jul 23, 2011.

1. I was thinking about the pros and cons of weed legalization, and I realized that if it were legalized, the price would still be unbelievably high.

2. if it wasnt legalised, rather decriminlised then no it wouldnt, and the government couldnt tax it.

3. Would nawwwwwawt

4. Too damn high as it is, I don't see it going any higher...Or I'll have to find a way to get an IV drip of Mountain Dew to keep me sane.:cool:

5. I disagree, the higher the penalties and punishments, the higher the price goes.

If people are going to risk jail time or fines, they are going to want to make it worth their time. Simple.

6. Well the thing is, while people could obviously still grow themselves, If tobacco companies begun selling them, they wouldn't want it to not be like 200(was it that much)per oz, while tobacco is like 30 for 16 oz

7. well i have never been to a state with MMJ but from what i read and have seen from videos, the prices seem completely fair. do you think they would try to go by the prices dispensaries go by?

8. i cant complain about my $150-280/oz prices here in the Northwest (i can get bud in MT, WA, and OR)... but if it is possible for weed to get any cheaper here i wanna see it... besides growing it yourself. I would love to be paying only $100/oz for all the named strains... i think that should be the regular price of what is considered "dank" marijuana.

9. if weed was legal we'd all still be high.

10. #10 Mogwai, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
    Legal = they're not taking it = there's more of it. Lower prices.

Also because there's no way people could charge as much as it costs now. They would have to compete with the illegal market that exists now and they'd have to lower prices. Plus people could grow it legally so there would be insanely larger amounts available.. Hell you wouldn't have to buy it often, you could grow it. The illegal market would be gone

11. Decriminalization is so goofy, you can use and possess something but cant buy it or sell it?

12. IMO id prefer decriminalization thats just me

13. Decrim is fucking stupid and people should never settle with that. It's like saying "it's okay but we still don't like it and because of that we can make you have to hide it".. It's like saying it's only half illegal and that just doesn't make sense

14. I disagree.

I am in California, and as a MMUJ patient I grow for myself and two other MMJ users. It costs me about $35 per month to grow. Why would the price remain high if you and everyone else can do exactly what I do today? :smoke: Outdoors, I could grow for pennies! :hello:

With legalization, I expect a brief demand-driven price hike of about 4 months (until the 1st harvest), followed by a "bust" market as little old ladies and kids everywhere tuck a few plants in among the roses!

But there is only ONE WAY to truly settle this question, once and for all! :eek:

Everybody become an activist! Let's GET CANNABIS LEGALIZED and find out for sure! :yay:

Granny :wave:

15. Yeah I hadn't thought about the period between legalization and harvest of first legal grows. I'm willing to bet some businesses would get some government approved license to begin growing beforehand >.>

16. I completely agree.... yet, if I woke up tomorrow and the goverment declared weed decriminalized I'd still be pretty happy and consider it a victory.

17. Eh, I think it would be a major step towards victory. A step that says it will for sure be legal sometime soon. But yeah, if they decided to decriminalize it I'd be pretty happy still

18. Decriminalization ftw.

19. yea theres no way prices would stay as high. weed is the most expensive crop per pound in the world. for an ounce of weed you could get a 2000 pounds of corn...

20. I love to imagine how cheap it will be someday