If this isn't opening Pandoras Box, i don't know what is...

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Poisongage, Jan 6, 2009.

1. This shit is disturbing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jc8URRxPIg"]YouTube - Reading Your Mind[/ame]

2. Not surprised. There going to put a much bigger dent on crime in the next decade with new technology.

3. This is a hard one. This technology could be used for an endless stream of good things. But the stream of sick, perverted, fascists things it could be used for, scares the shit out of me.

And the worst thing is that many people would welcome this and say "WELL IF YOU DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG YOULL HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE".

Yes well, who doesnt do wrong ? And who is to say they arent checking you for other things while they're at it ?

First you give up a finger for freedom. Then a hand. Then an arm, and all of a sudden all you have left is misery, and there is no one to save you, because you didnt stand up for them.

4. thinkpol? crimethink? 5 years!? eerie.

5. dont like this at all.

6. Me neither. The benefits are heavily outweighted by the negatives.

7. There is a huge difference between entertaining a thought and executing one

something we all must remember.

8. Only watched the first 40 seconds, but all i think of is the fucking Thoughtpolice.

9. Very well spoken. Straight to the point.

10. Jesus christ, I think it's time we put this into action. Seriously.

11. #11 cannabis, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2009
    I was just gonna post this yesterday...I was flippin channels and watched this the other night on 60 minutes and felt like hiding underneath the covers on my fucking bed, this shit is just plain scary. If we're already utilizing this type of technology in 10 years who knows where this will go, think about how much has changed in the past 10 years with the internet alone...In the 80s cordless phones were a big deal and were the size of a damn shoe box today we can surf facebook and record a show on your DVR from your cell at 3G speeds as fast as if you were on laptop.

I don't know about you but it seems like freedom of speech has been threatened a lot over recent years i don't like the idea of anyone at all being able to determine my thought process and decision making just by examining my brain in an MRI whatsoever. It won't be long before we lose the freedom of thought, it's like in minority report where the justice system was arresting people for crimes they haven't even committed yet.

12. sweet mother of god, this is wrong.

13. Its like that film they made! Errrr dam i forgot what it is now.
    Some psychic girl gets thoughts and the police go and arrest a person before they done the crime.

14. maybe those aluminum foil hats I made for the aliens may actually come in handy...:p

15. ive got the kind with the little clothes hangar's sticking out the top...

16. If you can find a way to get this one off my head without leaving my brain open to the mind controling "gatta wave".

SURE!

17. ARe thoughts are last thing we have complete privacy. that is is so scary i cant stand it that people can track my phone. this is the official end of the world:mad:

18. THE END OF THE FUCKING WORLD MAAAAN! PCP TIME ANYONE ? WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :mad:

19. can i get one perhaps:p