If there is no conspiracy why are dentists poisoning us?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Rotties4Ever, Aug 5, 2011.

1. This would only reduce population in civilized places. The smartest people in the world would die and the earth would be left with the starving Africans and other third world countries that haven't found electricity or common hygiene yet. Hopefully the secret leaders of the world are smarter then that.

2. "Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream? Ice cream! Mandrake, children's ice cream!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB5Vvs2cdqY]‪Dr. Strangelove - Fluoridation 2‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

3. Another fluoride conspiracy theory without any science whatsoever. Gee, what a surprise. :rolleyes:

4. lols. the coca cola company owns dasani. if you really believe one of the biggest drink corporations in the world doesnt have ties to !llum!nat! i LOL @ u :laughing:

let me guess, you also think marijuana belongs in schedule I , right :rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCiotYOYMwE]Bob Marley - Stiff Necked Fools[/ame]

5. Rastafari is either a troll or a mock conspiracy theorist.

6. #26 Johnny Cash, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    I don't have this in my water supply, we have very clean and safe drinking water...
    BUT up until about a year ago when I go to the dentist (twice a year), they would have me bite into this thing that was filled with fluoride. Is that safe? Does anyone here know?

7. No, man. Your dentist is obviously part of the NWO/Illuminati/Masons/government/big brother and wants you to bite into poison to cause damage to your brain and teeth so you can become part of their global depopulation/slavery plan. :cool:

But seriously, of course it's safe. Fluoride is safe. Your dentist probably thought you were deficient in fluoride. It's not gonna kill you bro. There has been countless of studies and researching done on fluoride. The right amount is good for your teeth. You don't think your dentist would give you concentrated fluoride when you have too much (dental fluorosis), do you?

8. They say it's standard to give teenagers fluoride treatments. I don't really know the details. I trust the guy, I just hate him for charging an insane amount of money for his little treatments.

9. It's all just speculation until you can prove that in the concentrations present in our water and used in other dental products, fluoride 'sedates' the masses.

What proof is there that fluoride has any sedative properties, especially in the low concentrations in the water supply?

10. for some people, until the media which purposely doesn't discuss this topic, comes out and says "ya we have some evidence for quite long time now, that shows that fluoride is poisonous to the human body, as is responsible for a lot of pain." till then they gonna believe the tv land.
    There is enough evidence on the web to point to the fact that fluoride is fucking poisonous to us, just cause you cant seem to find enough convincing evidence for you
    does not mean you have enough evidence to support the contrary where fluoride is good for us and our teeth.

11. you act like a kid when someone's opinions is different from yours, and you think its stupid just cause it doesnt agree with you...
    some people should shut up and not put down others for something they believe in,
    no one here has a fucking gun to anyone's head saying "you better believe me or Ima blow your head off"
    so fucking cool it kids, if you cant handle someone speaking their opinions on the internetz perhaps you should stick to off line for now, till we mature some more.

the amount of useless posts where people dont say shit except degrade others for their opinions is staggering...how insecure are you?

12. Fluoride & the Brain
    They sight their sources

13. #33 L Rag, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Read below.

Is this directed at me? 'Cause all I've been doing is having a rational discussion. I haven't made any personal comments. Just trying to argue on the merits of the subject. Chill.

It's fine to cite studies, but it's not fine to cite them without actually reading them for yourself.
    The page you quoted cites these studies. The first two include arsenic, so are irrelevant. The third compares school children in India exposed to levels of fluoride up to 5.5mg/L. The recommended dose by the WHO is 0.5-1mg/L. >>>WHO Expert Committee on Oral Health Status and Fluoride Use. Fluorides and oral health [PDF]. 1994.
    The fourth and fifth are nowhere to be found. The sixth, similar to the third, is reporting on fluoride levels significantly higher (2.5mg-4mg) than recommended.

SOURCE: Rocha-Amador D, et al. (2007). Decreased intelligence in children and exposure to fluoride and arsenic in drinking water. Cadernos de Saude Publica 23(Suppl 4):S579-87.

SOURCE: Wang SX, et al. (2007). Arsenic and fluoride exposure in drinking water: children's IQ and growth in Shanyin county, Shanxi province, China. Environmental Health Perspectives 115(4):643-7.

SOURCE: Trivedi MH, et al. (2007). Effect of high fluoride water on intelligence of school children in India. Fluoride 40(3):178-183.

Seraj B, et al. (2006). [Effect of high fluoride concentration in drinking water on children's intelligence]. Journal of Dental Medicine 19(2):80-86.

Wang S, et al. (2005). Effects of coal burning related endemic fluorosis on body development and intelligence levels of children. Journal of Applied Clinical Pediatrics 20(9): 897-898.

"A few epidemiologic studies of Chinese populations have reported IQ deficits in children exposed to fluoride at 2.5 to 4 mg/L in drinking water. Although the studies lacked sufficient detail for the committee to fully assess their quality and relevance to U.S. populations, the consistency of the results appears significant enough to warrant additional research on the effects of fluoride on intelligence."
    SOURCE: National Research Council. (2006). Fluoride in Drinking Water: A Scientific Review of EPA's Standards. National Academies Press, Washington D.C. p. 6.

Now here is an interesting one.

"After controlling by significant confounders, urinary fluoride correlated positively with reaction time and inversely with the scores in visuospatial organization. IQ scores were not influenced by fluoride exposure. An increase in reaction time could affect the attention process, also the low scores in visuospatial organization could be affecting the reading and writing abilities in these children.”
    SOURCE: Calderon J, et al. (2000). Influence of fluoride exposure on reaction time and visuospatial organization in children. Epidemiology 11(4): S153.

Now, there are two parts to this thread.

One - is this a conspiracy theory? Are a select amount of governments of this world all in on this big conspiracy theory to dumb us down?
    Something to keep in mind - the supposed plotting governments would actually be drinking this water themselves, dumbing themselves down. Intelligent? ....
    So, I believe no, there is no evidence to suggest that there is a worldwide conspiracy theory going on. In fact, all logical reasoning points to the contrary.

Two - is fluoride dangerous to human health at recommended levels (i.e. 0.5-1ml/L)? The anti-fluoridationists cite studies showing impaired development in children exposed to dangerously high levels of fluoride. Nobody is really going to challenge this. We have already established that fluoride in high doses is dangerous. The real question, though ---> is fluoride dangerous to human health at recommended levels? If you can find studies suggesting that it is dangerous to human health in the levels recommended by the WHO (0.5-1ml/L) then you may have an argument. All the studies that have been cited, however, are dealing with fluoride levels much, much higher than recommended.

Until then... :wave:

14. I was not directing anything at anyone, I was simply stating my opinion on the posts on here.
    Do you feel like it was directed at you?
    I am just stating my opinion about shit that people discuss in my threads. how it is irrelevant to the topic that I try to raise.

15. I don't really have a stance on this so keep that in mind.. UU_ood and LRag, if you are so sure it's good for can we get some scientific proof? There's evidence for both sides of this, so when both sides DO present evidence, it'll just come down to the "credentials". So it doesn't really matter what you believe.

EDIT: Just saw your post above LRAG but I decided to leave my post the way it was.

16. I like how you slipped at "show us" there in that post
    making it look like its me (one person) vs us (more then one)
    see I didnt discuss anything relevant to your post, simply put some filler
    like you. thumbs up for me i am so clever....
    oh wait

17. how is this link mr criticism? :wave:
    NEW EVIDENCE ON FLUORIDATION

the number of refrences at the bottom is huge, surely they cant all be about arsenic and children in india

18. I never said fluoride can't be harmful. It can be. There is also a clear benefit for teeth with fluoride.

http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/_files_nhmrc...ion_PART_A.pdf

The review concluded that water fluoridation:
    1. DOES increase the chance of fluorosis, however it is generally mild:

There is consistent Level III/IV evidence from existing systematic reviews that water fluoridation results in the development of dental fluorosis. However, the majority of dental fluorosis is mild and is not considered to be of ‘aesthetic concern’.

2. Does not increase the risk of cancer or bone fracture.

3. Other health risks are inconclusive. There have not been enough studies and not enough evidence to conclude other risks. This of course, should be worrisome. I am no fan of forced medication. But there is no need for the fear-mongering.

Please provide a credible source that claims Nazis put fluoride in the water.

19. everyone knows fluoridation is a post war communist conspiracy to sap and impureify our god given natural fluids

20. your credible sources are made by the same jokers who put that shit in water in the first place..
    of course they gonna tell you its good for you....