If space is ever expanding

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Boodoodoo, Apr 12, 2009.

1. If space is a constant and everexpanding void, this means that it is always growing. If it is always growing, whats the matter that is just ahead of space as it always expands?

iono, it sounds pretty cool when your toasted. :smoking:

2. #2 Kush Lord, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
    maybe when we die our consciousness is what expands space. i've always thought that maybe our conscious energy is fed into the universe somehow upon death...who knows.

but an ever expanding universe seems to make more sense, i guess thats the true meaning of infinite

3. interesting thought my friend. ive thought of this before too. because with how infinite space is, who knows if new galaxies or planets or any matter is "being created" as it expands. and i like your question. it really confuses me to think that if the universe is expanding, then what is it expanding into? fuck you for making me think so hard:smoking:. hah jk but this post def deserves a +REP

4. the edge of the expanding void probably meets white foamy stuff that gathers at the side of your mouth after you have been smoking and have had to walk to far and you know its to far after smoking and you want a drink

emptiness? blackness that just keeps going forever

this is very complexing

5. Here's something that's a bit mind boggling. Suppose there are an infinite number of universes, and for the sake of what I'm trying to say here, suppose they were all situated beside each other. Now suppose that each one of this infinite number of universes is expanding infinitely. Would each of these universes be competing for the infinite space around them? Think of it as a cluster of soap suds, only each of the tiny little bubbles are constantly expanding. And could a group of these universes surround one universe and essentially "pop" it?:smoking: