If somebody is mentally ill

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by thewanjay, Dec 30, 2012.

1. My doc told me a story, probably bullshit.. About a mentally ill patient. The short version: he believed he was going to kill someone, he said that he had "switched on" days and "switched off days. Switched on he believed he was going to do it and was sad so he would think of suicide to keep from committing murder, on his off days he would plan the murder and think only about doing it. My question is, if he had followed through with the suicide would it be justified to save a life?

2. Suicide is always justified because even though that sounds sick, the only person who will ever truly know what's going on in someones head is that person themselves. No amount of 'expressing themselves' will show an absolution of their state of mind.

3. [quote name='"DoctorSpectre"']Suicide is always justified because even though that sounds sick, the only person who will ever truly know what's going on in someones head is that person themselves. No amount of 'expressing themselves' will show an absolution of their state of mind.[/quote]

You just read my mind.