if religious freedom, why not political freedom?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Chaohinon, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Hopefully, most of us have evolved to the point where we wouldn't dream of using violence to enforce religious doctrines upon one another. Most reasonable people wouldn't want to tax Muslims to pay for Christian churches, for example. And we would think that it's absurd to claim we have "religious freedom" if 100% of americans were required to attend a certain church, and then practice their true beliefs on their own time.

So, since we've established that it would be retarded to force Muslims, Jews Christians, Pagans, and Scientology to all attend and pay into a single church, why can't we carry that same principle over to the political realm?

Why are people as far-flung as Georgists, Communists, Mutualists, Conservatives, Liberals, Greens, Primitivists, and White Nationalists all forced to partake in a single system?

Why aren't we free to choose?

2. Might makes right

3. Religion:
    [​IMG]

Politics:
    [​IMG]

4. I'd expect some to say that religion is all about fantasy and politics aren't. Thats was my initial response too but its not valid. Hmm I don't know man. Good question!

5. Well there's no hope for political freedom in this mandated union, Lincoln made that much clear. Yet we had Woodrow Wilson lauding the right to self determination 50 years later.

Autonomy is bad for cronyism.

6. Religion is philosophy and morals just like politics.

If my political belief is that all individuals should be free from aggression, why should I have to support a system that coerces others and myself?

I already know the knee jerk response: 'because that's the price you pay for living in a civilized society.'