if religion wants credibility

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by yurigadaisukida, Nov 27, 2011.

1. there is no credibility in religion lol .

2. [quote name='"VikingToker"']

that wont help

if religion wants credibility, they should drop all the stories

just focus on teaching principles, like being good to each other, not fucking your neighbours wife and all that shit[/quote]

My neighbors wife is fuckin hot

3. don't fuck thy neighbours wife, unless she is like fuckin hot*

4. Religion does not have wants and desires.:p

5. yes it does. religion is by definition a corperation.

and according the the us government, corperations are people.

in any case, the religion is a manifistation of the people who believe in it. its not a real thing, and thus the religion "wants" what its followers want

6. Anthropomorphizing religion makes it easier to refute. It is not a person nor is it a collective, it's a belief and practice. Sure, people believe and practice, but religion itself does not believe nor does it practice it's own dogma :)

I was really only joking with my post.

7. If Christianity is correct then its YOUR CREATOR reaching out to you. Dont depend on others to convince you of anything, it requires your own effort.

8. so interesting, i'll be looking at that list for days, thanks

9. [quote name='"yurigadaisukida"']

yes it does. religion is by definition a corperation.

and according the the us government, corperations are people.

in any case, the religion is a manifistation of the people who believe in it. its not a real thing, and thus the religion "wants" what its followers want[/quote]

Define corporation for us all then. lol I suppose science is a person too, then, or at least a mere manifestation of the people who believe in it?

Religion is credible in the sense of philosophical rhetoric, or at least as credible as opposing beliefs such as abiogenesis (countering creationism). As far as the scriptures, I say most of them are parables or metaphorical, which is a theory now backed somewhat by research about writing styles. They don't need credibility and probably weren't written in a manner to take them literally. People are just too gullible and will believe anything if forced to fight for it.

10. This thread makes me feel dumb.

Why I'm happy to be stupid. I'd rather be stupid than find this interesting.

11. [quote name='"MaxAmmo"']This thread makes me feel dumb.

Why I'm happy to be stupid. I'd rather be stupid than find this interesting.[/quote]

Not finding this interesting doesn't make you stupid. I mean, it's not a difficult subject, it's just bland and futile to argue. lol This is really kind of a pointless assertion. The credibility behind religion is well laid out, whether a particular atheist will recognize it or not is their own problem, just as its theist's problem not to recognize that abiogenesis is equally as valid of a claim ((not very)). lol