If Marijuana is cancer preventive, then doesn't ANY use of marijuana be medicinal?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by DaDankSkunk, Mar 1, 2011.

1. It has been found that marijuana users are less likely to get cancer.

SO, why hasn't this argument been used? Since if anyone uses pot, recreational or not, they are reducing their chances of cancer as well. Its preventive medicine that can apply to ANYONE.

Thoughts?

edit: I guess I can't edit my title. I should read before pressing the enter button +.+

2. I would say yes, eating edibles and vaping would in theory protect your body and lungs from cancer, more than not ingesting at all. However, if you look at the really effective cannabis treatments for cancer it's usually in the form of a thick, pasty hemp oil, and contains mostly CBD rather than THC. So yeah, vaping and eating cannabutter sandwiches may help prevent some cancer (?) but isnt as effective as hemp oils. The THC in smoke probably cancels out the cancerous nature of smoke but doesn't give you mush protection after that. I believe people who smoked only weed had slightly less risk of lung and throat cancer than those who don't smoke anything, was the results in some study. Not gonna bother to find the link since most people here know what study im talking about haha.

When it comes to MS/nerve/joint pain though smoking or vaping seems to be the most effective way of ingesting it. It really all depends on what ailments one has.

3. Marijuana does not

Cure foot fungus
    Cure baldness
    Prevent pregnacy
    Make you taller
    Cure bad breath
    Make you feel warmer
    Cause virginity

4. @gerhardt

but they had studys that show marijuana smoke and lung cancer do not fit.

5. Haha this made me laugh. It's a good thought :smoke:

6. i like to think of it as my anti alzheimers

forget now, have the power to remember later.....

:p

7. Marijuana cures anything! Even death!

It takes a special strain of marijuana, but works!