if im on 18/6 still in seedling stage can i switch to 24/0

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by onlygradeA, Oct 5, 2011.

1. can i switch for 1 day to 24/0 for one day, reason being i need to transplant ASAP and dont want to water when lights off

2. Don't switch light schedules for one day. If you want to make a single switch to 24/0 as your ongoing schedule that's fine.

3. what should i do here toasty plants are drooping they need to be watered but light s about to go off

4. just wait till morning if you think they can make it. if not water now. sometimes i'll see mine drooping midday and still not water till next morning... just adjust your schedule so that you will not have this problem again.

5. [quote name='"onlygradeA"']
    what should i do here toasty plants are drooping they need to be watered but light s about to go off[/quote]

Water them. If you let your 18/6 go to 19/5 for a night so you can water them they will be fine. Better than waiting to water if they are drooping already but will probably make it thru either way. Like ^ said, count how many days it takes to droop, minus one day and now you know how long you can go without watering. This way you won't be in this situation again.

6. I agree, just water them. It won't kill them to get watered before lights-off, it might kill them to wait for the "perfect" time.

7. really? i always encourage a little water stress... i may be doing it wrong and harming them.

8. You want your soil to go dry to encourage root development but not to where it puts stress on your girls.

9. You can use a light with a green filter on and it won't interrupt the light cycle, and you can do whatever you want at night.