If i only had a brain

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Bill3thekid, Mar 21, 2013.

1. I'm curious to know if anyone here has had brain surgery or any brain defects.

I myself was born with 1/3 of my brain on the left side of my body missing and I had an arachnoid cyst that was crushing my brain into skull. The doctor explained it to my mom as filling a water ballon until it pops the balloon being my brain.

2. Whoa. This shit caught me off guard.

3. Jesus dude, that sounds rough, i hope everything turns out and i mean it's brain surgery so you'll probably be out for it.

I dont know if u could even be awake for brain surgery in the first place?

4. How so?

5. I had surgery a few years ago but since then I've been good I'm just curious if anyone on here has had something similar

6. this kid im friends with from high schools brother had a cyst on his brain and had raging migranes among other problems for years until he had it removed. he lives a normal life now and has the same brain capacity as far as i know. he's also hard of hearing, but i don't know if that's related.

7. Yea I had headaches for years until I had an MRI and the doc told my parents I needed surgery

8. Pre-mature closure of the suture

Brain surgery as a infant. I was a vegetable for a week before surgery...massive scar and skull deformity. I hide it very well with hair, but I look like Frankenstein.

I believe I have normal brain function...but I get dizzy with sit-ups.

9. Dizzy stand ups is normal. It's cause of a blood pressure drop. Stand up slower that may help.

10. When I was 3, another child (5 or 6 years old) tried to murder me with a hammer. :eek: You can still feel the dents the hammer made after over 60 years. I was left with frequent migraines and some very minor brain damage.

The right side of my face feels like it is slightly melted, like saggy wax. It looks normal, it just feels like it is slightly lower than the left side! :cool:

Then there is constant "phantom pressure" on my right eyeball. I've had it checked and the actual pressure is normal. The pressure isn't painful- more like when you pressed your eye to see that black circle with the silver ring appear...but it is annoying. Also, colors look slightly different to my left and right eye.

I have a terrible time connecting names and faces. From observation of others, I do not think my mind works quite like other people's! But it still works, and that's all that's important. :yay:

The cannabis keeps the migraines away. :hello: I can deal with the rest of my hassles!

Granny :wave:

11. I tried a smith down a big hand rail and blew my face out. Got a little damaged brain, can't skate anymore mostly cuz of how my leg broke. Both bones man. Sucks

12. I've never broken a bone but I've torn my MCL in my right knee and I've sprained it multiple times the last time being about 2 months ago and I still can't walk right

I'm a damn mess

13. Aw man that's terrible. Stairs are crazy. I think the most I did was 12, but I don't grind. Id rather stay on the small stuff now. Seen too many videos of people getting fucked up jumping down stairs.

14. Holy hell, why or how...I don't even know what to say. But, im glad your ok

15. That sucks but I ain't never seen lobster on a paper plate

Good luck with surgery

16. [​IMG]

I'm going to leave this thread. The nature of my personality prohibits me from posting anything constructive.

Good luck OP

17. When I was born my brain was pushing out of my forehead which could have ended up killing me if I were to hit my head. My skull was reconstructed and my brain was repositioned when I was 4 months old. I now have a fat scar on the back of my misshaped bumpy head. I mentally don't feel right and wish they didn't perform the surgery.

18. I have an Arachnoid Cyst and have lots of deficinets as well as some really weird things going on in my head. I also have a lot of issues with my CNS and if you'd like to chat I'm one of the formost experts, or would like to believe I am, on this subject. I would like to help but... that's not a water ballon in your head!

19. i broke my toe once playing crab soccer in gym class....

20. Crab soccer was legit!

on topic though, I was born like 4 months premature and as a result, I have an underdeveloped cerebellum( controls balance etc).

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app