If I just went....

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Izi, May 18, 2009.

1. .....Out into the woods right now and carved myself a sherlock out of some trees (a big thick branch)....then sanded it nice (probably not the inside, as it'd be tricky, but at least the outside to avoid splinters).....could I smoke out of it?

Also if I did, do I need a carbhole on the bowl of the sherlock?

2. as long as there is a bowl to put the weed in and a hole to inhale and a tunnel connecting the bowl and hole you can smoke out of it..u dont need a carb.. i prefer a carb because i find the bowl continues to burn in my little metal pice that doesnt have a carb then with my glass piece with a carb..

3. Well all the bowls I've ever smoked out of there was a carb? So I figured a sherlock would be the same (haven't ever smoked out of one).

Also it doesn't matter if it's wood? It won't get hot enough to burn the wood right?

4. That would be sweet! I would get rid of all my glass pipes just to have a sherlock made out of wood.

5. You know hard it is going to be to make that thing hollow after you carve it perfectly? haha
    and yea woods fine to burn in its a last resort but its still good

6. Dont quote me but I think you can let it soak in olive oil or something like that to kind of seal it.

7. Now that's just craaazzaahh talk......:p

8. go for it dude, you might want to drill the holes before you sand it all the way down. that way if the holes are drilled completely right you can sand the pipe to help make a difference.

cant help ya on the heat sealing though, try googling it