Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If I go Clubbing, Will I fail A drug test from second hand?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by bbranno, May 7, 2015.

1. I just finished finals and I want to go out and club with friends this week. I am on probation at the moment, I know it may be  a risk being around second hand, and I am wondering if it will cause me to test positive. I hear people say you can't fail from second hand and then I hear some people say you can. So I would just like to know from you guy's experiences. The next time I see my P.O. is in June. Thanks for your help in advance.

2. I would go, just don't inhale too deep ;). If it were to get in your system the amount would be so little it'd be gone in a few days max

-Your point is as pointless as describing colors to a blind man.-

3. Everytime you inhale 2ndhand weedsmoke, you're inhaling the weedsmoke of every-...wait no, I mean everytime you inhale 2ndhand weedmoke, you're having sex with every person that person has ever smoked wi..no thats not it either. Umm, ok, hold on.
    Everytime you inhale 2ndhand weedsmoke, you're having smoke with every weed that person has ever sexed with.

I hope this clears things up.

4. Laboratories use a buffer zone, or threshold of anywhere between 10ng/mL and 100ng/mL to rule out this possibility. Usually it's 30-50 ng/mL

I've passed a lab-analyzed urinalysis 4 days after smoking half a blunt, without any preparation (dilution, masking), having been clean for months prior. Not saying other forms of testing wouldn't have detected it (saliva), but the whole "second hand smoke" excuse has been done to death, they've heard it a thousand times and are likely prepared to rule out that possibility even if it allows a few very light smokers to fall through the cracks.

I wouldn't worry about it.

5. I have a chance for a DOT drug test and I asked that question.  She said the threshold is way too high to get a positive from second hand smoke.