If I get to high to drive...

Discussion in 'General' started by MariaJuana92, Nov 1, 2012.

1. It's just that, I won't drive.
    If I can find the motivation to get in the car, then I am not too high.

2. I've sat in my car for over an hour to sober up before actually driving home. I was on the moon that night, however. Re-entry was tough haha

3. #3 Mr Vicious, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012
    I plan my transport if I plan or know I will be smoking, If I smoke I either crash at a mates place, get someone else to drive or take a taxi

4. wow.

I find myself able to drive under any state, but only from weed.

maybe it's experience?

I remember one of my first times driving high and I was black out high driving, I don't remember any of it, but there were 3 people in the car and they said that I "drove like a precision surgeon".

that same drive I almost hit a car but didn't, I had to turn left and forgot to and almost went straight into a car, that's the only thing I remember, I was driving myself home. when we parked up outside of my house I looked at my friend and said "how the hell did I get here? YOU LET ME DRIVE?"

I do kinda regret it but I don't know. Just thankful I suppose.

Also the SPEED network did a test on high drivers and didn't find much difference.

there was also another study saying the difference was that the high drivers only had an increased traffic accident of 3%.

I find that really hard to believe, but then again I never really hear reports of stoned drivers getting into accidents, it's usually alcohol.

In any case, I'm glad that we stoners know to cool off (sometimes anyway) when we know we can't do something ( I was 16 back then 22 now )

5. [quote name='"dragonmantek"']wow.

I find myself able to drive under any state, but only from weed.

maybe it's experience?

I remember one of my first times driving high and I was black out high driving, I don't remember any of it, but there were 3 people in the car and they said that I "drove like a precision surgeon".

that same drive I almost hit a car but didn't, I had to turn left and forgot to and almost went straight into a car, that's the only thing I remember, I was driving myself home. when we parked up outside of my house I looked at my friend and said "how the hell did I get here? YOU LET ME DRIVE?"

I do kinda regret it but I don't know. Just thankful I suppose.

Also the SPEED network did a test on high drivers and didn't find much difference.

there was also another study saying the difference was that the high drivers only had an increased traffic accident of 3%.

I find that really hard to believe, but then again I never really hear reports of stoned drivers getting into accidents, it's usually alcohol.

In any case, I'm glad that we stoners know to cool off (sometimes anyway) when we know we can't do something ( I was 16 back then 22 now )[/quote]

I agree. I actually prefer to drive high.

6. [quote name='"Mr Vicious"']I plan my transport if I plan or know I will be smoking, If I smoke I either crash at a mates place, get someone else to drive or take a taxi[/quote]

Damn, if I did this I'd either be broke from taxis, or I'd never sleep at home. My buddies and I have a ritual every other day we meet up after everyone's done class and work, usually around 11pm and we smoke a blunt, a joint, and a bowl out of each glass piece. (3 total) haha we don't even text each other anymore, we just kinda show up.

7. [quote name='"t3hryan"']

Damn, if I did this I'd either be broke from taxis, or I'd never sleep at home. My buddies and I have a ritual every other day we meet up after everyone's done class and work, usually around 11pm and we smoke a blunt, a joint, and a bowl out of each glass piece. (3 total) haha we don't even text each other anymore, we just kinda show up.[/quote]

I miss that.

8. I can drive no matter how high I get now. I just get paranoid of the traffic around me.

When I first started I remember I smoked an XL with my buddies and I was on a small highway with no cars but I was going like 25 on a 65 zone. Felt like I was hauling ass but my more experienced friend took over. Since then I have never really had trouble.

Except long trips, I always feel like I took the wrong turn or something, but fuck a long trip without smoking.

9. [quote name='"dizzylando"']

I agree. I actually prefer to drive high.[/quote]

Others prefer I smoke before driving, something about not being a race car

10. [quote name='"Shizmot"']I can drive no matter how high I get now. I just get paranoid of the traffic around me.

When I first started I remember I smoked an XL with my buddies and I was on a small highway with no cars but I was going like 25 on a 65 zone. Felt like I was hauling ass but my more experienced friend took over. Since then I have never really had trouble.

Except long trips, I always feel like I took the wrong turn or something, but fuck a long trip without smoking.[/quote]

Haha this, especially the last part. Drove up to Rhode Island for 4/20 from Philadelphia, we rolled up a half ounce in multiple blunts just for the ride up. Was an awesome time.

11. Driving high is not a problem for anyone. Driving bad is a problem for many, and being high can only exacerbate things.

12. My man had the same problem, he kept a pair of roller skates in his trunk. Never forget the time we saw him skating, looking smacked as hell at around 330 am . . .

13. I dominate the road while high. I never drive as precise as I do when I am high. My peripherals get super sensitive and I notice anything. The only thing I continually do wrong is leave the turning signal on (happens frequently lol).

14. I LOL'ed.

15. Ive smoked enough that ive become used to driving under the influence... Most of the time i drive high... Not a big deal, i feel that marijuana doesnt have a huge effect on my ability to drive... Alchohol on the otherhand should never be consumed behind the wheel or before u drive. Hugs not drugs bitches

16. For some reason I cant grasp being high while driving is still a DUI like alcohol. I don't like driving while high, I avoid it as much as possible.

17. I've never been like so high I felt like I was a bad driver.
    Only thing is one time I was driving around these backroads for like an hour and a half, getting super baked. and when i stopped at the gas station, i just put my foot on the break. i could have sworn i shifted to park, but i didn't. so i just kept my foot there for like 30 seconds, talking. and when i let off the break and came up and almost touched the concrete parking marker, I was like OH DUH.

18. I guess it doesn't scare me because in my state, as long as you don't have anything illegal on you, it is NOT a crime.
    And I seem to be a more attentive driver when I am stoned.

19. Meh, I can drive stoned when I first started driving I couldn't...

the only problem I have is directions...can't do em worth shit if its a new place and i'm stoned.

20. I can drive no matter how high i am, i have driven on much worse before. I don't condone driving on drugs though, i honestly don't trust my friends to drive me if they are fucked up. If I'm gonna drive drunk or something, ill sober up as much as possible or it will only be a joy ride in my neighborhood when no one else is awake. I wouldn't drive further than 10min if I'm doing something other than smoking and i cruise control the speed limit always. I don't condone my behavior though, I'm a ton better at driving fucked up than all of my friends and i have years of experience. I don't think its alright for me to drive fucked up either, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and i trust myself over anyone else to get me home safely.