If humans went extinct, what species would replace us?

Discussion in 'General' started by ChiefHunter, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Can another species someday replace us as earths dominant intelligent life and if so which species? And if humans were to become extinct what would happen if no species evolved over time will the earth decay and be left as other planets and life will then start on a different planet and they will look at earth as we look at other planets, lifeless? I'm tripping balls right now haha:smoke:

2. Other planets aren't lifeless because of a lack of intelligent life, if anything it's the opposite.

Also, apes.

3. The sasquatches

4. samsquamtches

[​IMG]

5. Dogs. They can learn English. "Sit" is English, is it not?

6. The Aliens who kill us will claim the planet as their dump site.

7. :laughing:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJphX1WtVSY]Samsquanch - YouTube[/ame]

8. impossibru. aliens have back up humans up in space waiting to fill our spots.

9. Our thetans will reattach to apes and lord xenu will rule the world.

10. What are you talking about man? The earth was perfectly fine for billions of years before there were humans as we know them.

You really think us humans are keeping the world inhabitable? Far from it. In fact like Olesmoky said it's the opposite.

Define intelligent life. What does that mean? Doing what humans do? I don't think so man. There is plenty of non-human intelligent life on this planet.

11. I dunno but I wanna be either a wolf or a squirrel.

12. Insects most likely.

13. none because the rest of the living creatures on earth know how to coexist.

14. and plenty of non-intelligent human life.

15. if anything, i hope that pandas or something like rabbits end up dominated the planet just because it would be so goddamn cute.

16. Crab people

17. We wouldn't really be "replaced". Since we are top of the food chain I think the rest of the species would continue living the same as today, actually thriving because humans aren't around to kill off the planet.

18. But what about 50 million years later?

Surely something will have changed... I'd put my money on primates still being the top dog. Opposable thumbs are such a big advantage in becoming top dog.

Though anything capable of actually taking humans out of the equation entirely would probably be pretty dramatic for the planet as a whole. Who knows what would be left.

19. Are you insinuating that primates will evolve into humans? :smoke: