If God is all good, almighty, and all knowing...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by greenflier, Jul 17, 2011.

1. If God is good almighty and all knowing then:

1. Why did he create evil if he is all good?
    2. why did he allow evil to be created if he is almighty?
    3. Why did he allow the creation of other gods and false prophets if he is almighty?
    4. How he not know lucifer was to betray him and become the devil I he is all knowing?
    5. Why did he create an imperfect universe?

There are probably more ideas of this nature but I'll stop there.

These reasons are why I believe that the god of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism is not the "real" god if god exists. I am not saying I do not believe in a god, if one exists. I'm just saying that I don't believe those mainstream religions have the right idea of a god.

2. #3 GillyTHEkid, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2011
    Your idea of god is wrong.

In today's society if someone were to have the power god possessed then they would do everything you listed. Like prevent other gods to be worshipped ect.

edit: sorry i was on m iphone, now im at my comp so ill further explain.

1 and 2 are pretty much the same question. he didnt create it, it create itself when adam and eve first sinned by eating the forbidden fruit. they are the ones responsible for this.

3. this goes along with free choice. what kind of loving god would he be if he destroyed any other idol or thing that claimed that they were "god"? that would make god contradict himself, so out of love he allows us to do whatever.

4. of course he knew lucifer was going to betray him. just like how he knew, judas was going to betray him. but again, he allowed that to happen to use it as an example. he knew that coming to this earth, that his children(people) would persecute him and call him a liar but he knew already knew that, and the only way we would be saved would him sacrificing himself.

5. this universe was actually perfect in every shape and form when man was first created. but adama and eve fucked that all up. because of man(us) we have destroyed this perfect universese.

please, you sound ignorant. reading the bible can answer all of your questions.

to your last statement, then what is your idea of god? does this "god" need to be tangible? these religions go off the bases of faith. yes, this is not pleasing and i also have trouble understanding and believing but trust me, reading the bible can do wonders.

3. Have faith

4. This is a variation on the Euthyphro Dilemma: Does God command the good because it is good, or is it good because it is commanded by God?

5. I'm on my iPod so I cant post this video I want to post :(

But basically it says that God did it create evil but rather evil was made by the absence of God. They compare it to saying cold or darkness doesn't exist but it is just the absence of heat and light. Evil doesnt exist in a sense it is just what comes from people not having God in there life.

Hope that helped

6. Then God is not omnipotent nor omnipresent - why call him god?

7. I don't see how that makes him less powerful if people choose not to obey his laws...

8. #9 greenflier, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    How did evil create itself if god created everything?

And no, I don't sound ignorant for starting a debate. You sound ignorant for attacking the messenger and not the message. The bible does not answer these questions because the bible was written by man, not by god.

9. #10 greenflier, Jul 17, 2011
    Exactly.

10. Your question is known as "the logical problem of evil". You can Google it for some possible answers.

11. I'll write more later. For now, in the simplest words, just to give you a heads up on some of my thoughts, (I'm on my iTouch which isn't good for too long of a post, and this ought to be long, knowing me.), I basically think of it sort like karma. Karma includes both good and bad, but God only created karma. Like he isn't of good or bad nature, but of karmic nature, but it isn't karma necessarily. lol More later.

12. Because God is often defined as omnipotent and omnipresent. If people choose not to obey his laws, he cannot possibly be either of those things.

It's as simple as that. Anything else is either a misnomer or compartmentalization.

This is the problem with absolutes.

13. because he is the creater of the universe...

14. #15 greenflier, Jul 18, 2011
    Yes, if a god does exist this is what I would expect it to be more like. Not like the omnipotent god described by the 3 religions I stated in the op.

15. yes you do sound ignorant because this are childish questions. you can easily find these answers yourself but you dont.

how does that make any sense at all? attacking the messanger and not the message? i answered everyone of your questions. i sense that you have taken offense...

actually yes the bible does, try reading it... thats correct, it was written by men who followed and lived for christ. again, try reading the bible before trying to put it down.
    :wave:

16. #17 Verdurous, Jul 18, 2011
    Fail.
    Oh and the bible was written by who? All of it? Really now?

17. Forget about it dude. Trying to talk sense into a Religious man is like trying to teach a retard how to count to 10.

18. lmao...

19. "The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree."

ehh. religion.:cool: