If Edibles Get You More High Why Does Everyone Smoke?

Discussion in 'General' started by Grandfather, Jun 4, 2013.

1. I heard those crackers are as easy as 1 2 3 to make.
    Why does everyone smoke if you can get higher from eating the thc?

Also, if there are any science peeps out there I have a question for you guys. How is the THC absorbed into fat?

2. two different highs.

also everytime i eat edibles, i end up being high for like 8 straight hours.  real easy to get burnt out from that.  also the act of smoking in itself is fun.

3. 1. Edibles use a lot of weed
    2. Edibles take time to make
    3. Edibles smell up your house (more than smoking would)
    4. Some people don't want to be high for that long of a time
    5. Some folks can't cook it correctly, and therefore it's a risk if you're throwing in lots of bud at a time.
    6. Some folks enjoy the process of smoking the bud (I'm this way)
    7. Edibles aren't as consistent. If not prepared correctly, 1 might barely give you a buzz but another could send you to the moon.

Just lots of variables that go into it.

4. Eight hours? Dear lord, mother of jesus.  :eek:

So if a first timer started with an edible .. I am guessing he would have the largest panic attack. How are the highs different?

5. Edibles take longer to make as opposed to just sparking a bowl. It's all in the user's preference. Tinctures are actually some of the best edibles around as they can also be vaped, so you have options.

I heard you can make a cracker with a gram. 

7. Yeah you can, and that cracker would last me 1 time of being high for maybe 6 hours, whereas I could make that gram last 2-3 sessions of smoking it, maybe 5 if I was really trying to conserve using a grav.

8. for me, eating medibles is like Russian roulette... I literally cannot begin to calculate how things will go. I bought a cookie at my dispensary, ate that at 9pm, woke up in complete daze 10hrs later. now that's great but I was supposed to be up at 6am! ended up missing an appointment. medibles are best for camping trips and such.

9. Or six bowls from a gram. I'd take the bowls

10. six bowls? what kind of pinner bowls you smokin man?

that'd be 2 for me tops, 1 on a good day

11. #11 i liketrees, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
    it's just really easy to ingest a lot of weed at once if you use a lot.  the amount is really key.

for example, a while back some friends made cookies for another friend's birthday.  i ate 3 of them, and i was REALLY high from 2PM-10PM or so, throughout all the day's activities.  i am not a light smoker, smoke pretty consistently throughout the day, but edibles just seem to hit me so hard.  which is nice sometimes, but usually i dont like being high for that long (if i got shit to do, especially)

EDIT- the highs really dont seem all that much different to me, but the edibles high seems more intense to me.  but as i said, that could just be from ingesting a bunch of weed all at once like that.

12. Honestly you can get away with using .5 or .75 and still getting baked off one of those crackers.
    I made one once that was simply too much highness; 2 grams of vaped weed, .5 of non-vaped. I was destroyed all day, but I had shit to do so it sucked.

13. edibles are stronger, and last longer...some people don't want to be high for a really really long time...plus its funner to smoke imo

Highlight over this to see it

14. #14 shaggish, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013

who enjoys a 1 gram bowl?  fuck that....and who has a 1 gram slide even? shwag bowl!

15. Because you cannot have a sesh with edibles. Its not a party.

16. Scientific answer to that. When you smoke, the THC is absorbed rapidly through the lungs and goes to the brain in a huge dosage through the blood all at once. Edibles slowly disolve through the fat at a steady rate keeping you high without the sudden drop off that smoking has.

17. Two different highs! Love smoking and love edibles, but smoking is move convenient.

You've never packed a big ass spoon with a gram and ripped it all day?

19. I make peanut butter with weed. A cup of peanut butter to every four grams. Mix he Finley ground bud with pb and fatty oils, cook it for 30 mins, and a sixth of a peanut butter weed sandwich will send you to mars and back.

20. this isn't big for me, but somepeople it might be. you can do tricks with the smoke, and as compared to edibles..what? you can put an icing ring on a cookie..?

always been a smoker, always will be a smoker