If a tree drops in the middle of the forest does it make a sound?

Discussion in 'General' started by Blank1268, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Oh for holy FUCKS SAKE, take another hit and relax already, and try and remember where the fuck you are right now. This is Grasscity. The fucking name itself is a play on words. Yes, it's a forum for medical cannabis users and other respected enthusiasts who have taken it serious enough to obtain schooling on the topic, or perhaps even a degree related to it, but for the most part, it's a forum full of teenagers who are high.

And your comment about "pointless and immature posts" has me laughing uncontrollably, for I could find a way to delete about HALF of this site under that definition at any given time, from MY perspective (which is the inherent problem of trying to define "pointless"). Shit, this entire thread is a perfect example...the fuck does a goddamn tree falling have to do with cannabis?

Like I said before, take another hit and relax there. I somewhat see your point, but I seriously doubt the "cool story, bro", or posting of stupid meme pics as as response is going to stop anytime soon. And I feel for the mods if you even try and keep up with that bullshit as a "rule" now. Good luck staying sane. :smoke:

2. Agreed, Thanks for that.

3. to the guy saying we can't post unrelated posts, what about freedom of speech? I understand it's annoying seeing people spam with pointless shit, but he was only joking. I think if we aren't threatening anybody, we should be able to speak our minds. that's just my two cents though :smoking:

4. Does it make a sound when you're near it?

Yes

So does it make a sound when you aren't near it?

Yeah.

Such a stupid question

5. its same, as if we dont see it, it doesnt mean its not there. So yes, it will still make a sound.

6. I agree.

7. If a dubstep jam is made and there is no one around to hear it, does it still suck?

8. [quote name='"carlsbarn420"']If a dubstep jam is made and there is no one around to hear it, does it still suck?[/quote]

No for it could not "suck" till it has been passed judgement

9. I think it doesent matter and my reasoning is that sound doesn't depend on something witnessing it... sound follows newtons law "Every Action has an Equal and Opposite Reaction", and the sound from the tree falling is exactly that, a reaction.

All in all im really fucking high so i felt the need to post =D

10. The equal action is the vibrations, they arn't sound yet

11. #91 hendrix, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
    i think it does make a sound, if you arent there to hear it it doesnt necessarily mean that the tree falling wont create vibrations.

honestly you seem to be the leader of the squad. this is a philosophical thread and in my eyes buzzwell asked some deep ass questions, perhaps you are just too shallow to understand that?
    and since you care so much about keeping GC in order, shouldnt you be bitching about the fact that this entire thread should be in the spirituality and philosophy section?

edit:Sound is a mechanical wave that is an oscillation of pressure transmitted through a solid, liquid, or gas, composed of frequencies within the range of hearing and of a level sufficiently strong to be heard, or the sensation stimulated in organs of hearing by such vibrations.[1]

12. ahahahahah!!!!!!! Now thats funny right thuurrrrrr.

13. If your uncle Jack helped you off an elephant, would you help your uncle Jack off an elephant?

14. I don't understand this question... if you're around and it falls, you hear it. Just because there is no one close enough to hear it doesn't mean it doesn't make a noise? Is this a troll question or just stupid?

15. Does a bear shit in the woods and wipe his ass with a rabbit? - Tupac

16. Lol, I get that.

17. Does a bear shit in the woods...on my hands...THERES SHIT ON MY HANDS

18. I never understood these questions

just because you aren't there to hear the sound doesn't mean it didn't make a sound in the first place :0

19. Have you been reading, we are talking about perceived sound.

20. of course soundwaves would be created, it's just a matter of whether anyone was within ear shot of said waves