If a tree drops in the middle of the forest does it make a sound?

Discussion in 'General' started by Blank1268, Mar 12, 2012.

1. [quote name='"SoloG35"']Why is this a question? I always hear people ask this... I understand the 'oowe awwwe' part of it, but come the fuck on...

It falls, it makes a noise.[/quote]

couldn't agree with this anymore

2. Not unless balls touch.

3. No, sound is a perception. A falling tree will create vibrations in the air but if there is nothing there to perceive it, then there is no sound.

4. you tried to be smart, so A for effort...buttttt it still makes a sound

5. Chacha says it still makes a sound, so thats that

image-3120712255.jpg

6. Bigger question... What is knocking down trees alone in the forest that can't hear!? 0:

7. Sounds don't need to be heard, man

8. I was there to hear it a couple times. But that kinda goes against your question :eek: :p

9. On the contrary, If a tree falls in the middle of a forest and no-one is there to hear it. Does it mean I've found the perfect murder and rape location?

10. If nobody was around to hear it fall, they wouldn't be around to see it... therefore I ask, did it really even fall down in the first place?

11. [quote name='"GoldenGinge"']On the contrary, If a tree falls in the middle of a forest and no-one is there to hear it. Does it mean I've found the perfect murder and rape location?[/quote]

Just a friendly suggestion but in case its your first time you may want to switch that order up. Lol

12. [quote name='"flyingMYplane"']If nobody was around to hear it fall, they wouldn't be around to see it... therefore I ask, did it really even fall down in the first place?[/quote]

You're forgetting about the deaf lumberjack that goes around cutting trees in the middle of the forest

13. no no, the order is quite fine.

14. [quote name='"GoldenGinge"']

no no, the order is quite fine.[/quote]

Necrophilia ftw?!

15. No, because I'd assume you wouldn't be dumb enough to ask the deaf guy if something made a sound.

16. [quote name='"flyingMYplane"']

No, because I'd assume you wouldn't be dumb enough to ask the deaf guy if something made a sound.[/quote]

he knows it exists though.. and could see it

17. Aww wheres the fun in that! I think the tree makes a sound, maybe only heard by other trees:p, but a sound none the less. Next week we should all go over the Chicken or the egg debate.:D

18. New development... We need to ask the ents!

19. Does the church help child molesters get away with rape?

20. [quote name='"TheShepherd"']Does the church help child molesters get away with rape?[/quote]

indeed it does sir, indeed it does.