If a party in the woods seems sketchy, don't go

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Mao_Zebong, Dec 23, 2010.

1. One night of my senior year, my friend John called me up to go to a party at a wooded park the cops rarely check throughly. We go grab some nuggage and head to the party in the woods pretty much. We get there and immediately I get this unwelcome feeling/ very heavy anxiety and paranioa, that mixed with the fact that John is kinda iffy with the people. Well he parks right in the middle of the parking lot area to the park (you have to walk past some brush to get to the actual woods area) and I blurt out "dude park somewhere else, I have a horrible vibe with this spot." He refuses and we head into the woods not completely sure of where we're going (people john were calling from the "party" were not answering/going to voicemail immediately) So we're in the woods getting deeper and deeper we get to a major fork in the road, the dreaded stream. Now let me give you a mental picture blades, you're walking in the wood, hit a moderately sized stream with a hill on the other side leading to more woods and people partying. We called to them but they didn't know John so they didn't tell us how to get across. I was soooo sketched at this point but being in a position where I had no control over me going home I went along with it in hopes to cross the stream somehow. Now we could have either went east or west and we went west couldn't find a way to cross the stream. We walked deeper west then came to the conclusion that we couldn't cross. Well on our way back we come across two acquaintances, like it was really eerie they came outa nowhere and they said they heard about the party too.

Yesss!! I'm in relief its not just a ploy to get John to go waste his time lol We go back the route we were heading back from for a final look too see if theres any way to cross the stream. There were some really shady looking rocks we had to cross to get to the shore on the other side of the stream. We crossed the rocks, got to the shore, and tried to follow it back to the hill area where we saw people initially. Midway through the walk back on the narrow shore we hit another fork in the road. Picture this once more, the shore ends and at the end is a natural rock wall leaning at approximately 45 degrees. Me and one of the two newcomers went up the wall to get to the top of the hill. The other guy, "forrest" is almost at the top of the 75 foot wall, I'm coming close about 15 feet behind. John and the other guy were even at about halfway. Then out of nowhere a small-to-mediuam sized rock wizzes past my face and all of a sudden I hear the dreaded "my head!" I recognized immediately I had to turn around. Now going down was so much harder than going up, I'm guessing because of the adrenaline rush I initially got. I get to the bottom, almost slipped twice because go figure, it just rained! Hes saying how he feels his head gushing with blood. I looked at his head and being sensible pointed out that he wasn't bleeding, it had stopped almost immediately after the rock hit him. I shined my phone light on it, it was a clean blow, just kinda bounced off in an ideal spot, he wasn't dizzy just in the aftershock pain. We go back, cross the stream in our shoes not giving a fuck at this point and call out to the people having a party across the stream. We yelled to them the situation we were in and they told us to turn to the east and walk and we'd hit a bridge allowing us to cross. We crossed and told our tale to the people across the stream. They were nice, I didn't have my phone at the time, so they allowed us to use their phone to call John's mom because he insisted on his mom picking him up. The whole time I was just jonesing to smoke, I had just smoked a jay in the car beforehand and had my mini bong and some weed on me to be able to smoke with. They gave me some beer to put in my bong as water and I lit up.

Long story short we made it back to the car and await his mom. I had just enough time to stash my bong and grass in my backpack that I had left in his car. She then took me home. In retrospect it was very foolish and someone could have gotten seriously hurt. John wound up with 6 stitches all because he felt the need to party.

To this day he thinks "forrest" did it on purpose but all in all that was just a straight accident.

2. thats the shittiest story ever

3. Damn.

4. Shitty how?

Poorly written or just plain unfortunate?

5. its just boring bro...

6. i was expecting a fight in a forrest when i stumbled into this thread. Instead all i got was your friend got hit in the head with a rock then called his mommy to pick him up and all is well?
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

7. Damn Simon Cowell has been hitting the juice a bit or what?

8. haha it wasnt a bad story OP

you told it well we were just expecting a fight

least everything went good for you though and not too bad for your friend

9. Please edit the story so it contains a wild animal.

I enjoyed a post early this evening about the dangers of digging holes for plants at night, and the possibility of Mountain lions.

It does not need to be mountain loins, but something along those lines would be nice, perhaps a giant eagle would also work.

10. Thats why I make it a rule to never got to a party without my own ride out. I've gotten a lot of shit for this because I flat out won't got to a party if I'm not driving or I can't take my own vehicle. I just like being able to leave if I'm getting bad vibes like you were and if it's one thing I've learned its to always trust your instincts in a situation. If your paranoid its probably for a good reason.

I get a lot of shit for this philosophy and people have called me a paranoid buzkill but I've avoided a lot of bad happening by sticking to my guns.

11. ^ lol

12. Im totally the same way, out of my whole group of friends im always the one to be bitching about shit being sketchy. I'll never chill at several places because they're always high-traffic areas, but my buddies usually want to go there to smoke a cigarette or something. They'll point out that what we're doing is legal, but we're still breaking the law with our 1-2 glass pieces and a couple grams of bud in the car. Sure the cops need probable cause to search the vehicle but it's SO FUCKING EASY for them to get it. All that's required is *sniff* "I Smell marijuana, step out of the car"

Not to mention that the vehicle we always use has the license plate light out and a burnt out break light, and the owner of the car doesn't give a shit about either of them because he thinks nothing will ever happen if he gets pulled over. Christ, all it takes is 1 dick cop to fuck you over and he thinks that its never gonna happen.

Man, i've avoided SOOOO many crappy situations by going with my gut instict, so +rep, sir, for being so likeminded.

13. i agree with this guy. parties in the woods can be sick anyways, as long as you dont hang out with sketchballs

14. thats the shittiest story ever

15. Fuck, I'm glad I read the replies before the story.

16. what you guys cant just walk across a stream?

youd be fucked in the 1800s

I think he should just sneak an alien anal probing in there somewhere

17. There you go, your story is now Kickass :metal:

18. What did I just read?